Friday, April 4, 2008

Colby's First Easter

 We have been so busy that it's hard to find just a few extra minutes to sit down and tell everyone how we are doing. When I get home from work, it's time for Colby to eat, we take a walk, we have tummy time, bath time, we read, it's time to eat again, and then its bedtime. After Colby is finally asleep at 7:00, I get everything ready fot the next day, cuddle with Chris on the couch, and then I'm off to bed by 8:30 or 9:00. I used to laugh when I heard people say they went to bed that early, but now I completly understand. I have to get some good sleep before 2:00 because for some reason thats what time Colby wants to eat every night!


I love bath time! Bath time is daddy time but I get him undressed and bring him to Chris and every night I look in the mirror and tell Colby he has the cutest booty in the world.




When Chris is done he passes him over and I give him the ultimate baby massage. It relaxes him and he giggles and coos the entire time. It's our special time right before he goes to sleep!







Colby had a great first Easter and the Easter bunny was really good to him. He was surrounded by grandmothers and great grandmothers that kissed his chubby cheeks all day long! He went to church for the first time and did pretty well. I thought we had it made when he fell asleep on the way but that didn't last long. As soon as the music started, his eyes popped open and he was ready to go! He made it until the very end and decided he had enough.....we were on our way.




On the way to church


"Nursing Beads"

Someone told me about nursing beads and how much their baby loved them. You are suppose to wear them while you nurse and it helps to entertain the baby. I think he is fascinated by the bright colors and he tries to see how many times he can get it wrapped around his wrist. My point of sharing this story is that nursing beads are like 25 or 30 dollars so I went to walmart and bought a bead kit for 9 dollars and it works just as good! So if you want nursing beads walmart is the way to go! That gave me more money for diapers and toys!






Which brings me to Colby's new toy! We got him a jumper and he loves it! He will jump and laugh like it's going out of style! He can't stay in long because he gets too tired and he starts leaning to the side which makes him mad. The stonger he gets I'm sure he will be out of control with the jumper!




Today Colby finally rolled over from his tummy to his back. I missed it beacuse I was at stinking work. When mom told me I tried not to cry but I couldn't help it. I was really happy that he did it but I felt so sad that I wasn't there to see it and to clapp and say yeah!!!!! At that moment I knew that I made the right decision to stay home because I knew that I didn't want to feel that way ever again. Chris is out of town on a church retreat so he wasn't here to make me feel better. He left Thursday and I'm missing him like crazy. This is the first time he has left since Colby was born and it's not the same without him because he is such a wonderful dad and he helps me so much, I'm so thankful to have him!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...