Monday, November 21, 2011

Pinterest Makes You Do Crazy Things!

The boys were peacefully building a tower, so I seized the moment to browse pinterest, which I should never do when I'm hungry! I ran across these yummy looking cookies...........
I thought it would be tons of fun for the boys to make a turkey cookie, so I loaded the crew up, and we headed to the grocery store to get the goods!

I assumed this little trip would be easy breezy, in and out in no time and well on our way to the bake off.......I should never assume such a thing with my crazy circus!

First of all, while I was trying to decide if I should spend three dollars on icing just for a beak and legs I was interrupted by a man....

Mam, are you smothering your baby in there?

Why yes I am, how did you ever know? Yes, she is in there smothering and I'm just going about my shopping! (No, I didn't respond rudely, it was just a thought.)

No Sir, this is a baby wrap that is very safe....she is sleeping and she loves it!

Okay, just wanted to make sure!

Thanks!

While I was trying to convince the concerned man that my baby was breathing, Chase started to escape from the buggy car and had one leg hanging out of the door. An elderly man shouted,

"WOW WOW THAT YOUNGIN HAS HIS LEG HANGING OUT OF THAT THERE BUGGY, YOU GONE RUN HIM OVER!"

He was so loud that I was startled, and everyone now had their eyes on what he thought was a near tragic event.....Lord help, I believe he thought it was a real car.

Finally, I made it to the check out and could see the end in sight, but there was a problem. The lane fits the monstrous car buggy, but it's a tight squeeze...no room for a mommy wearing a baby to nudge through. In order to put my groceries on the counter, I had to walk around through the next lane to get to the front of my buggy. In just those few seconds, Colby managed to make his way to the top of the car to help with the groceries.

Great!  I couldn't get through the God forsaken mini lane to get him down. I just focused on getting done and out of there asap. The cashier handed me my receipt and murmured,

GOOD LUCK WITH YO CHIREN!

Thanks, I think.

Pinterest makes you do crazy things!!

I let the boys make the cookies, needless to say they weren't picture perfect but they were delish!







Until Next Time.............

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...