Friday, August 15, 2008

Signing Potty

This week has been crazy crazy crazy! Colby can crawl almost as fast as I can jog after him. He is no longer interested in playing with toys, he just wants to crawl and pull up on everything.


His Gammy bought him a little lion that he can hold onto and walk behind. He does great for the first few steps and then he tries to grab the lions head which makes him fall.




FALL is a word that I have come to hate with a passion. Colby falls all day long and it scares me half to death! Most babies pull up and then it takes them awhile to actually let go and try to walk, not Colby. He thinks that he can already walk and he can't. No matter how many times he falls, he is ready to try again. Pulling up has also ruined his sleep. Colby was going to sleep on his own without any crying and that has not happened in the last couple of days. The reason being, he doesn't have time to lay down and fall asleep because he has to practice standing. He pulls up and then he ends up falling and bumping his head which makes him cry, and then I have to run in there and rock him to sleep. I watch on his video monitor and it's makes me a nervous wreck. He fell one day and hit the top of the bed right between his eyes (you can see in this pic). I rushed in and picked him up and I cried with him. I know that's probably not the best way to calm a crying baby, but I couldn't help it. My best friend, told me "just wait until someone hurts his feelings, then you will really cry."





Infant Potty Training is going great, he has only gone through two diapers today and he has done so well with pooping in the potty. I used to have to watch for his poop signals but the last couple of days he just goes when I put him on the potty. I even took a pic of him sitting by his little potty with poop in it so I could put it in his baby book! I won't post it because I know that's gross to everyone but me!
We still keep signing potty every time and hopefully he will learn to use it soon.

Here is an eight month old signing potty



I have not read these two books but several moms have told me that they are the best books for infant potty training

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...