Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bryce's 3rd Birthday Party

If you are looking for a fun place to have a birthday party, the Ag Museum might be what your looking for! My cousin, Christi, just had her little boy's 3rd birthday party there and it was great! There is a nice pavilion with tables and it is very shaded. The children got to feed farm animals, ride ponies, a train, and a carousel. It was a really cute idea and Colby really enjoyed everything. The only thing he didn't like was the the huge hog. It stuck it's big nose through the cage and Colby started crying, hopefully he won't have nightmares of big, wet hog noses! Christi had treat bags for all the older children and for the babies she gave them a cute little feeding bowl with a spoon and fork. I thought it was very thoughtful to give them something they could use. Here are some fun pics of the party!



Birthday Boy!


Colby and cousin Bryce
Train ride with Gammy


He loved the carousel!








Colby's new favorite thing is looking out of the window and he absolutely loves the rain! He will watch it forever and he starts banging on the window and yelling with excitement!




I have been kinda sad because now that Colby can crawl everywhere, he has changed so much. He use to sit in my lap, cuddle, listen to me sing, and be content but not anymore. He won't sit in my lap long enough for me to bleak an eye much less sing "The Wheels on the Bus". I've always thought he was so laid back but he was just tricking me this whole time! He is constantly on the go and can't be still. He does about 20 turnovers before I get his diaper or clothes on. It really has been fun watching him change so much and seeing how fast he learns and what makes him excited, but I still want to cuddle :(

One thing that does make Colby sit still is to get my camera out. It's the funniest thing, he loves for me to take his picture!
Sunday afternoon photo shoot





Baby Sign
Colby signed milk today for the first time. I have been signing to Colby since he was three months old and he still hasn't started signing back a whole lot yet. He has signed eat, change, milk, and we think he was trying to sign potty, but he doesn't use these signs on a daily basis yet. Most babies that learn sign start signing back between 7-10 months. I hope he starts to sign back soon! He looks like he has been trying to sign things lately but it's not a correct sign, which is the beginning signs of a baby that is trying to communicate back with sign language, so that's a good thing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...