Monday, August 11, 2008

Great Blog for Infant Potty Training



Colby has been doing great with Potty Time. He loves his new potty and when he gets done we dump it into the big potty and he likes to flush it down! He always uses the potty in the morning and 15 minutes after he nurses. He has only done poo poo a couple times in his diaper in the last couple of weeks, which I greatly appreciate. It really cuts done on diaper washing! Of course, he still uses his diaper often but it's not about him being completely potty trained at 8 months old, it's preparation so he will be between 15-24 months. Chris and I were giving him a bath a few nights ago and we realized he was trying to sign something but we weren't quit sure what it was. All of the sudden he started to TT in the tub. We think he was signing potty but we aren't positive. I have been showing him the potty sign every time we potty so he might have actually been trying to tell us that he had to potty.

Here is a great blog to read about infant potty training, and she has a video showing you how to sign potty. Scroll down to August 22 and it's her eight month old signing potty and using the potty.


This Saturday was Wyatt Foster's 1st birthday and we had a lot of fun! Colby got to meet Mrs. Carsyn and do a little swimming with her. Carsyn is very vocal and for some reason Colby kept getting startled every time she yelled at him. I told him he better get use to girls being loud because he has to deal with it forever! I'm not sure why he gets so startled, he also was scared when someone picked him up and was talking loud in his face. She was just playing but he started crying. I thought maybe because he isn't use to loud voices since Chris and I aren't loud people but my mother is very loud and he loves it. I guess it's just when a stranger does it.....not sure. Chris said we have to do something about that because he can't be a scardy cat, men huh? I'm not worried, I'm sure he will grow out of it and until he does I will be there to save him!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...