Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8 months old



Colby is eight months old today, and I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. Everyone tells you that before you have children but you never really understand until you experience it.

Colby is doing great taking 3 naps a day and sleeping around 12 hrs at night. Everyone ask me how I got him to be such a great sleeper. I promise I'm not super mom and have some special touch, and it's not because Colby is so wonderful (of course he is to me) but it's because I did everything the Baby Whisperer said to do. This book is amazing and it will answer any problem you will ever have about sleep, eating, behavior, etc. It is definetly a must have!

I read both of these books and I would recommend just reading the Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems. It has everything her first book does and 100 times more. It is also an updated version. I still look things up in this book all the time and it goes into the toddler years.




Colby now says Mama and it's the best thing I've ever heard! He has been making the sound for awhile but he never directed it towards me. I was trying to get him to sleep the other day and he looked up at me, said mama in a pitiful voice, and then gave me a kiss. I was so excited and happy that I completly ruined nap time, but I didn't care. Later that day I went to get him down from the coffee table and he did it again. I realized he had learned that saying Mama and giving me a big, slobbery kiss pretty much let him get away with anything. I gave him a big kiss back, but I stood my ground and made him get down. He tried it again later with pulling on the curtains, he is very persistent, hehe!

Well I thought the sweet kisses were only for mommy but he started passing out kisses to daddy, Gammy, and Paw. Not only does he give family his kisses but now he gives them to everyone.

His standing up in the bed is still a problem. Chris let the matress all the way down and now the rail hits him right at his chin. It works much better because now he can't hit his head on the top rails. I laid Colby down for his nap and while I was watching him on the monitor, I realized that he had been standing for a long time and wasn't making any noise. I went in there to check on him and he had chewed a hole in his very expensive bed that will be used for his toddler bed and then a full bed. He even had little brown flakes all around his mouth, real safe, right?

For now we had to wrap curtains all around the front rail, yes it looks very redneck!
I just don't understand why he thinks he has to stand up and not go to sleep. He will be holding onto the rail with his eyes closed. He will wait for me to come lay him down before he will give it up. Hopefully, when standing isn't such a new thing then this problem will become a thing of the past!

Colby went to visit Braxton and he wasn't to sure of Colby!




He was so precious and looks just like his mommy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...