Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Brotherly Love- Strong & Unending

Chris and I never intended to have children only 25 months apart, but God had other plans! When Colby was 15 months old, I had a gut feeling that I might be pregnant but only one pink line appeared. We obviously weren't trying but when the test was negative we were disappointed.....crazy huh??  We took our reaction as a ready for baby #2 sign and the very next month....viola, 2 pink lines!!
I'm so glad things have a way of working themselves out just perfectly!! I love how close my boys are, and I know they will be buddies for life!!


Maybe Colby sometimes gets a little too rough,

makes Chase keep him company in time-out,
wakes him up because he can't wait one more minute to see his buddy,
demands all the time (no, push me Mommy!),
forces him to do things he doesn't care to do,
pushes him way too fast,
BUT....he always wants to play with Chase,
encourage him to partake in big boy activities,
be a helping hand,

and already tries to impress little bro!!

Chase desires nothing more than to just be in Colby's presence.....he will find a way even if it means chewing through mesh
to get to his big brother!!

I love the way my boys love each other!!

A powerful prayer for siblings by Stormie Omartian

Lord,

I pray for Colby and his relationship with all family members. Protect and preserve them from any unresolved or permanent breach. Fill his heart with your love and give him an abundance of compassion and forgiveness that will overflow to each member of the family. Specifically, I pray for a close, happy, loving, and fulfilling relationship between Colby and Chase for all the days of their lives. May there always be good communication between them and may unforgiveness have no root in their hearts. Help them to love, value, appreciate, and respect one another so that the God-ordained tie between them cannot be broken, I pray according your word that they "Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another" (Romans 12:10)



Teach my child to resolve misunderstandings according to word. And if any division has already begun, if any relationship is strained or severed, Lord, I pray that you will drive out the wedge of division and bring healing. I pray that there be no strain, breach, misunderstanding, arguing, fighting, or separating of ties. Give him a heart of forgiveness and reconciliation.



Your word instructs us to "be of one mind, having compassion for another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous" (1 Peter 3:8) Help him to live accordingly, "endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace" (Ephesians 4:3) In Jesus' name I pray that you would instill a love and compassion in his heart for all family members that is strong and unending, like a cord that cannot be broken.
 
Until Next Time.............

1 comment:

Lyn Warren said...

Amanda,
I absolutely love my boys being so close together. Peyton and Kane are only 22 months apart and I wouldn't have it any other way. Then my sweet Hayden followed 3years later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...