Thursday, October 9, 2008

Baby Sign Class

Baby Sign Class
We really enjoyed baby sign class. There were about 9 babies ranging from 6-22 months old.
I noticed that my son is very active and plays a little rough compared to the other babies. We sat in a circle and she had a toy box in the middle of the circle so the babies could play if they wanted to. Colby was the only one playing and dumped out the basket and then flipped it over which hit him in the head and made him scream during class. I calmed him down and a few second later he threw a toy and hit a little girl in the head. The mother said it was fine and she was used to it because she had an older brother but I was still embarrassed. Then he crawled up to the teacher and tried to rip all her paper up. There were a few mothers giving me looks but their babies weren't crawling yet so I wanted to say, "You just wait".
I don't know why he is so rough but his intentions are not to play with toys, it's to see how hard and how far he can throw them.
There was a little 12 month old girl walking around and she took his toy so he stood up and took about 6 steps to go after her and then he fell down and started crawling. The moms said OMG how long has he been walking, "since right now" I said. He has walked back and forth to someone but he has never got up and just walked by himself. He is still wobbly and he leans to side a lot, but he gets better every day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...