Friday, December 26, 2008

Colby's Birthday Party


I spent so much time planning for Colby's birthday party and it was picture perfect! There were a few mishaps before the party but thank goodness Gammy is always to the rescue! I would not have been able to get everything done if it wasn't for my mother. Chris was entertaining Colby so he couldn't help too much. My mom went all over town getting balloons blown up, picking up the cake, taking the cake back to get fixed, etc. I'm so thankful for how much my mom helps and how much she loves to!
Colby getting the ice cream ready!
Chris and I are not anti-sugar but we think it's good to avoid as much sugar as possible. Colby's health and what he eats is a high priority to us and since he has had very little sugar we didn't want him to have a store bought cake and get a tummy ache. We decided to make Colby's smash cake so we would know exactly what was in it! Store bought cakes are usually filled with all kinds of junk you really don't want to know about! So we got an organic cake mix that was wheat, dairy, and gluten free! We made the frosting out of dark chocolate coco, vanilla extract, and a little bit of powdered sugar. We topped it with strawberries and cool whip. Cool whip is a great substitute for icing because it only has 1 gram of sugar. He loved it and we had a great time making it!
Recipes for healthy first cakes and mom reviews- http://www.grizzlybird.net/2007/01/babys-1st-birthday-cake-recipes.html






































Amanda Smith is a friend of mine and is a great photographer and she took the best pictures ever! It was so important to me to have great pictures of his 1st birthday and I didn't won't to worry about taking pictures, i wanted to enjoy the party! It was the best idea ever and I am so excited about how great they turned out! Take a look at
proofs
family
COLBY Jones birthday DEC 20

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...