Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Crazy Day!

Yesterday was definitely eventful! The night before Colby acted like something was hurting but I couldn't figure out what it was. Bath time came and he was dispersing fart bubbles all over the place so I assumed it might be his tummy hurting. He went to bed and seemed to be fine. Morning came and right after breakfast he projectiled three times in a row covering the entire kitchen with milk, oatmeal, and mango! If you recall from my previous blogs, this is the third time this has happened. So, you know me, I loaded Colby up and went to the doctor. I was really hoping to figure out what keeps causing him to randomly vomit. Dr. Story doesn't work on Tuesdays so we had to see Dr. Copper. I knew it couldn't be a virus because he is fine after he vomits and he never runs fever. They checked everything and said he was completely healthy. I figured he might be allergic to something, but the doctor said it would happen on a regular basis and it wouldn't be sporadic. The only thing that he thought could be happening was Colby over eating. Which is very possible because he eats so much and eats like someone is going to take his food away. I'm still a little concerned that he could be eating something that doesn't agree with his tummy, but I have no clue what it could be. I could understand if he was eating junk food or fried food but he doesn't. So I really didn't find out an exact answer but he said not to worry and quit trying to blame myself. His exact words were, "Is he in daycare? No. Does he go to the church nursery? No. Are you still nursing? Yes. Then if he gets sick you are just an unlucky person!
I was thinking to myself then I must be unlucky because he just got over an ear infection. He said this wasn't anything to worry about and he will out grow it on his own.


The next meal I tried to give him smaller portions and he cried for more, so what's a mom to do? I want to feed him if he is still hungry but I don't want him to eat so much that he vomits. I think he doesn't realize he is full until it's too late! Speaking of eating, he has began to use his utensils much better now!







It eventually ends up like this! He needs a little more practice. After awhile he likes to flip the bowl upside down.


Colby has gotten to try all kinds of new foods since he will be turning 1 soon. He loves eggs, strawberries, and pineapple. He is also doing great with organic whole milk. The first day I skipped the morning nursing he crawled up in my lap crying and signed milk so I folded pretty quickly. He is attached to the morning feeding so I figured I would cut the other feedings out first. He was fine with dismissing the daily feedings but he is still holding onto to the morning feed. He is only nursing once a day now and drinking whole milk during the day.



To finish the day off yesterday, Colby decided to stick his head through the side slot of his new highchair. It got stuck and he was screaming like a maniac. I started to panic because I couldn't get it out. You can imagine how difficult it is to get a screaming, squirming baby unstuck. I was about to call 911 but after a few minutes I finally wiggled him out.



He got his head and shoulder stuck in that triangle. Leave it up to my wild child!





Colby's first Advent Wreath
The Advent Wreath Ceremony starts at the evening meal on the Saturday before the first Sunday in Advent. Advent is right before the Christmas season. It's a time of worship and preparation for Christ's birthday and the anticipation of the coming of our Lord. It's a great time of prayer and focus to remember what Christmas is really all about!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...