Monday, January 26, 2009

Stomach Bug :(

Friday I took Colby to play with Conner and they enjoyed playing outside. Saturday morning Angie called me and said that Conner woke up vomiting. She took him to the doctor and it was a stomach virus so she warned me that Colby probably got it. He was fine Saturday and showed no signs of being ill. Sunday morning he got up and ate a bowl of oatmeal, two bananas, and two cups of milk. Daddy was sleeping late so we went to wake him. Colby crawled right on top of Chris and started laughing. Right when Chris woke up Colby projectiled his breakfast all over daddy and all over the bed! I'm not sure what I was thinking but I tried to catch the vomit in my hands. My hands filled up and I had to run to the bathroom to throw it in the sink. It was quite a sight! I guess being a mom makes you do some pretty gross things and not even think twice about it hehe! I was worried because Angie said Conner vomited all day, had horrible diarrhea, and wouldn't eat a bite of food all day so, I said a prayer and hoped for the best! He was very fortunate because he was fine the rest of the day, didn't vomit again, and of course ate like a piggy!

Things I love at 13 months old!

1. When we read books, Colby signs all the pictures he sees. It's like he is reading the book to me. He gets so excited and we are actually having a conversation, it's wonderful!

2. Colby throws food down to Bentley so now their best friends! Bentley gets in the chair during story time and Colby pats his head while I read. Bentley lets Colby get his toys and Colby runs all over the house with Bentley chasing him.

3. Colby tells people Hi

4. When people leave our house he looks out of the window for 5 minutes saying bye bye

5. After he uses the potty, he jumps up real quick to turn around and look in the potty and he has started to say poo poo. He also can flush the potty now which he thinks is the best part!

6. He likes to put his head under the running water in the bath tub.

7. He has 32 signs in his vocabulary.

8. He is learning to play on his own. He will look at books in his room while I cook dinner and he will play with his toys in the living room and not get mad when I put up clothes :)

9. He is fascinated with his belly-button and wants to show us and then he wants to get ours.

10. He is so happy and loves to smile at everything!

11. He is obsessed with music! We listen to children's music all day and he dances out of control. He even shakes his hips, it's hilarious! The boy even dances when the phone rings.

12. He likes to tell us what animals sound like. He does the lion, cow, sheep, and monkey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...