Friday, February 13, 2009

How do I get dressed with a 13 month old?

I am a very structured and routine type of person so this is madness in my agenda! Everyday Colby would sleep from 10:00-11:30, so I always took a shower during his morning nap. I really enjoy taking him to story time and sing and sign class so he misses his morning nap twice a week! He does well either way. If I lay him down in the morning he will go to sleep but if I don't then he makes it until 1:00 just fine. The problem is trying to get dressed with a 13 month old demolishing my bathroom! He manages to pull out all the dirty clothes, throw things in the bathtub (which usually breaks) and cuts the water on. He almost threw my straightener in but I caught him just in time. He pulls everything out of the drawers and rearranges my closet. Chris put latches on all the cabinets in the kitchen so I guess this weekend we will do the same in the bathroom. Who would figure a little 13 month could be so destructive! I can't do anything but laugh when he looks up at me laughing while tangled up in my hairdryer and curling iron cords, hehe! I know moms all over the world get dressed everyday with a wild child so please pass on any tricks you have up your sleeve.
Before Colby
After Colby




He broke the brush and the handle off the mirror

























Colby had a bath time play date!



Bentley is obsessed with Colby's rubber ducky and he barks at Colby to throw it . Colby would not throw the ducky out of the bathtub so Bentley jumped right in and got it. Colby thought he was crazy, but so funny!







It Could Always Be Worse!

I don't believe in luck but if I did I would think we have had the worst appliance luck ever!!!
About 8 months ago our dryer broke and we had Sears come out and fix it for the cost of $250. 2 months ago the washing machine broke and we called an appliance repair man. The problem was the pump went out because a baby sock got stuck in it. Warning, put your baby socks in a lingerie bag because he said that's what keeps him in business. It happens so much that he keeps lingerie bags in his truck to sell after he replaces your pump. I wish someone would have told me that before it cost me $150, but now I know. Oh, just wait it gets even better! Last month our oven quit working so we called him back (he likes us). It took a month for the part to come in because it was on back order, I was getting pretty creative with ideas for stove top dinners. He came yesterday to put the part on, and I was astonished to found out the total cost was $475. I asked how much did the the entire oven cost if a part was that much money and to my surprise he said around $2,000. I must be completely clueless, but I had no idea that ovens were that expensive (regardless if it's stainless steel or not, RIDICULOUS!) We are living on one income right now so $475 dollars was very heart breaking for me! Wait, it still gets better. After the repair man left, I went to put the clothes in the dryer and the dryer would not work. I thought to myself, you have got to be kidding! I called my mom so upset and she said everything would be okay and it could always be worse. Then, I thought back to what the repair man told me. He said that his 6 month old nephew had gotten into some medication and swallowed a pill. The medication collapsed his lungs and he was in ICU. So, I counted my blessings and got over myself! Philippians 2:14 also came to my mind, in everything you do stay away from complaining and arguing. My parents felt so bad for us that they purchased us a new dryer! They just went to pick it up but it started to rain, so it doesn't look like we will get it today. At this point it's just comical!





























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...