Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sacred Marriage



I am going to a bible study on Sacred Marriage and I'm so excited to see marriage in a whole new perspective. Our culture has programmed us with an unrealistic image of marriage. Everyday is not suppose to portray a romantic novel and we aren't Cinderella. I love how this book really emphasis that God designed marriage to make us holy more than make us happy. I got married at the young age of 21 and was naive to believe that marriage was suppose to be a fairytale everyday and if not then something wasn't right. I'm sure it was mainly because I was immature but it was also because I didn't understand that building a strong marriage is one of the greatest challenges in the world! Even so, if we approach marriage with the right perspective and attitude, it can be one of the most glorious pursuits in all of life. If we listen to the wisdom of God, our marriage can be satisfying and a life-changing journey that shapes our souls and connects us with God and each other. I often think about the first years of our marriage and some of the struggles we endured and it's disheartening because I wasn't approaching marriage the way God intended. Thank goodness God is merciful and forgiving and always shows us the right path if we are searching.


Insights from lesson 1 and group discussion:


  • Die to expectations that humans can never full fill
  • Grow together in Christ
  • If things aren't going right...get a new perception not a new marriage
  • If the purpose of marriage was simply to enjoy an infatuation and make me happy then I'd have to get a new marriage every 2 or 3 years.
  • Marriage and family is a ministry in your life

I often wonder sometimes if I'm ever doing enough to serve Christ. Being a stay-home-mom is so rewarding and such a gift, but I contemplate if there are more ministries I should be involved in but I can't imagine where I would ever get the time and energy. Today was very eye-opening for me and I realized that my marriage and my family are huge ministries and I'm making a big difference. When I look at it as a ministry it gives me a whole new outlook! Staying at home is my mission field that will give my children stability, security, a safe haven, and an opportunity for me to provide a holy place for them to thrive. God might have many plans for my future and where I need to serve but I have learned to be proud of the ministry he has appointed me at this time in my life!!


Christopher Chase 18 weeks


Colby 20 months



Getting the nursery ready







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...