Friday, August 19, 2011

Fill My Cup


I have really let the rat race of life make me throw a pity party for myself these last few weeks, but thank goodness my Lord and Savior knocked me over the head with some clarity!!

As you know, I've basically been a single mother while Chris has been on orders....by the way, I don't know how single mothers do it all, and when my children are older, I plan on finding a single mother and making her a ministry of mine...SERIOUSLY!

Meeting the needs of a one and three year old while I'm 33 weeks preggo without the relief of my wonderful hubby coming home has had quite a few challenges!  I have allowed those challenges to bring out the worst in my mommy abilities and I have to admit....I am so ashamed. Colby, my limit pusher, has seen better days of his mommy, for sure!

He is full of life, active is an understatment, persistently stubborn, and he is so stinking smart that he pushes me to the limit with his logical arguments. I have been losing my patience with him and getting extremely aggravated with his behavior. I know it's his temperament, age, and the fact that he really misses his daddy, but in the moment I lose sight of it all, and I behave in a manner that I know isn't grace-based and doesn't reflect the love of Christ!

In the last few days, I know my tone, facial expressions, and body language have been reflecting nothing short of EXASPERATED and that is not the message I ever want to send to my child!

On top of that, Chase is not a high-need child AT ALL, so I'm sure Colby feels as though he is to blame since the attack seems to be aimed in his direction.

Colby is not the one to blame...I AM!

I took Colby to preschool this morning and it was all weighing heavy on my heart! We said a little prayer together before getting out of the car, and then I continued to talk to the Lord as I drove home!
I love pouring my heart out to the Lord because I'm always amazed by his answers.

Long story short....he told me LOUD AND CLEAR I needed to fill my cup up more and start making it a priority.....no matter how difficult it is to find the time!

As soon as Chase went down for nap, I was on a mission to fill my cup and I did exactly what was on my heart....I knew it was God-led!

I decided to watch one of Chip Henderson's sermons, but God had a different plan! I went to Pinelake Sermons and the very first thing that caught my eyes were the words.... Life Moments! I was so drawn towards it that I knew it was a message for me. The message was from a guest speaker, and it was AMAZING!


August 7: Life Moments from Pinelake Church on Vimeo.

I'm always in awe of God and his way of carrying me through life trials! He specifically answered every single prayer I layed at his feet.....I sure do serve a mighty God!

I hope you take a moment to listen to the message....it's worth every minute of your time!




Insights from the message that God used to speak directly to me....

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.....that's why they call it the PRESENT!

Following Jesus isn't always easy, but it's not complicated...Love God and love people!

Soak up the moment, slow down, and treasure it!

Don't just do life and miss the moments.

Remember to say each day, "I'm the most fortunate woman on Earth!"

Most importantly:

BE JOYFUL ALWAYS, PRAY CONTINUALLY, GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST.
1 THES 5:16-18

Until Next Time..............




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will want to put a twitter button to your website. Just bookmarked this site, however I must complete it by hand. Just my $.02 :)

My site:
rachat de credit www.rachatdecredit.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...