Monday, September 8, 2008

Colby's first football game

Saturday morning we got a call from JoJo, and she suggested that we come down to visit and go to Coach's football game. They weren't to keen on being called grandmaw or grandpaw so they settled for Coach and JoJo. Steve coaches at Biloxi High School and they played Saturday night because of Gustav. JoJo sounded like she really missed Colby so we packed up the house and hit the road! I was nervous about Colby going to the game because he goes to bed at 7:oo, but I figured I would give it a try. Colby stayed awake the entire time and he never got fussy. I can see now why some parents say my child won't go to sleep until 10 or 11. They are definitely capable, if you allow it. It just goes to show that if I let Colby decide his bedtime it would be past mine, but that's my decision so 7:oo it is! We left the game at 10:30 and he fell asleep on the way home and of course he still woke up at 7:oo the next morning. I felt bad because I knew he didn't get enough sleep so we left and he slept the whole way home. Colby clapped for the first time at the game when he saw us clapping, it was too cute.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...