Monday, September 29, 2008

Colby's Walking Shoes

Okay. everybody kept telling me, "You better go to Stride Rite and get Colby some walking shoes because he needs shoes with good support!" What people forgot to tell me was those darn little shoes cost $50. I don't have many pair of shoes that cost that much but I had to tell myself that Colby needed a good pair of shoes and the days of buying Steve Madden shoes for myself are definitely a thing of the past. Chris had drill this weekend so he didn't get to join us for the exciting outing :( ! My mom and dad wanted to go so I was thrilled that I didn't have to go Northpark by myself. It really is a funny thing how a grandson can change a man like Colby has changed my dad. My dad was a good dad but he would have never gone shoe shopping with us, quit saying dirty words, and actually quit smoking! I spent my whole life begging my dad to quit bad habits and Colby can't even talk yet and he has already accomplished what I thought was the impossible! Anyway, we also got his Halloween costume and Colby is going to be a spider. My dad wouldn't even let me consider another costume because he thought this one was perfect for Colby!

fitted for a size 5



Playing while mommy picked out shoes
Paw liked the new shoes!
Colby's 1st big boy shoes
Speaking of no more Steve Madden shoes (which are my absolute favorite) for mommy, I had an Ah ha moment the other day. I have thought to myself on several occasions that some women kinda of let themself go after having a baby and I told myself that I would never do that! Well, the other morning I was throwing on some clothes (quickly because Colby was screaming at my feet)to take Colby for our morning walk and when I walked past the mirror, I started laughing and thought to myself Ah ha so this is how it happens! I looked in the mirror at my orange shorts, pink shirt, and my unwashed hair underneath my unmatching red hat. Not to mention the third day that my face hasn't seen a stitch of makeup and my bird legs that haven't seen the gym in months! Now, I understand how quickly it can happen because once you have a child YOUR LIFE IS NO LONGER YOUR OWN!


I didn't wash my hair or put on any makeup today, but I did start going back to the gym. I have gotten way to skinny and I know that I need to gain some weight. I have always had to workout to keep weight on but it's been very difficult while I'm nursing. I'm burning 500 calories a day just from him nursing so it's hard to gain weight! Just to give the heads up about making a rude comment to someone that's skinny. You would never go up to someone that's overweight and say OMG you need to lose weight so why do people think it's not just as rude to go up to someone and say OMG you need to gain weight. People are very aware of their own body and they know rather or not they need to lose or gain weight without you telling them. I know that it will be easier to gain weight when I quit nursing but Colby is my number one concern so I will just have to deal with it for now. I know some people get mad when people say it's just as hard to gain weight as it is to lose weight but it really is! We went to the gym after his morning nap and before lunch and it worked out great! He seemed to enjoy all the new things to play with , I just hope he doesn't get sick because I know they don't clean those toys!


O yea, speaking of nap time. The new sleep routine didn't work as well as it did the first day. I have the sleepiness baby and there is just no way he can make it until 10:00 before going back to sleep! I guess all babies are different and mine requires a lot of sleep. So (my sister is going to kill me for changing it again) his nap time is back to 9:00-10:30. He does pretty well with staying up longer during the day and can usually make it until 2:00 and on most days he doesn't take the third catnap and his sleepy head is in the bed at 6:30. There are still some days when his cranky booty has to take a 30 min power nap at 5:00 and then he goes to bed at 7:00.


Birthday Theme


I decided to go with the football theme because Colby started saying ball so I figured he was trying to put his two cents in. It had the most votes too!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...