Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Colby turned 11 months old Today!




I can't believe Colby is 11 months old today because that means he will be 1 next month. I've been getting ready for the big day and never realized how much planning goes into a birthday party, but it's been so much fun! I will be glad when Colby turns one because then he can have whole milk and I can start to wean him from breastfeeding. It is kinda bitter sweet for me. I'm ready and I know he is but I will definitely miss it. It's pretty much the only time that he sits still in my lap and cuddles and it's such a sweet bonding time. He is really attached to the morning feeding, but he won't care at all about not nursing during the day or at night. I guess we will see how it goes and hopefully the transition will go smoothly. Colby is now walking all over the place and finally gave up the crawling. He hasn't started running yet, he is still taking it pretty slow! He is cutting his eighth tooth and I think he is about to cut his back teeth because he keeps his fingers way back there. I try to get him to stop because he keeps gaging himself, but he just laughs at me! He now laughs like a big boy and sometimes like an old man, it cracks us up! He still does great on his routine! He eats meals at 8, 12, & 6 and sleeps 7-7:00. He naps 9-10:30 & 1:00-3:00. He hasn't woken up once during the night since he was 8 months old. His personality is really starting to come out and he is very silly, just like I was. He can also be shy around new people and it takes him a little while to warm up, he gets that from his daddy. His hair is still blond (what little hair he has) but his eyes look like they are starting to turn more green than blue. I think he is going to be strong-willed and keep us on our toes. I think we will have to be very consistent with discipline to keep his behavior in check, hehe! When I say discipline, I'm not referring to physical because that's not something I believe in. I will discipline with grace and consistency. I want Colby to behave out of self-discipline, not fear! Well, that's everything about Colby at 11 months old. He is a sweetheart and a bundle of fun, and I can't wait to see what the future holds!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...