Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Colby's Christmas Wish List

Colby is very regular with his bowel movements. He usually has a BM every morning when he wakes up or sometimes he waits until after he eats breakfast. After two days went by with no poop, I started to worry. I couldn't figure why he was having this problem because I make sure he gets the recommended amount of fiber every day. A child's minimum intake of fiber should be their age plus 5, so I make sure that Colby gets at least 6 grams or more of fiber each day. Well, I also noticed that every time Colby was nursing, he would get really mad. I started to pump to make sure my milk production wasn't decreasing and come to find out it was. The next time I nursed Colby he got so mad that he bit me. It was so hard that it busted a blood vessel and blood was coming out with the milk. It sounds worse than it felt! It didn't feel good by any means but it wasn't very painful. I called the doctor and he said that it happens all the time and it will be fine but he put me on metoclopramide to increase my milk production. He said that the change in Colby's diet and not getting enough milk was causing him to not have a BM. I gave Colby some prunes and he filled his little potty to the top, thank goodness. The medication has made a huge difference and now we are back in business! I never thought before I became a mother that my whole day and concerns could be focused around poop!




Colby has developed a little attitude in the last couple of weeks and he is getting pretty good at throwing fits. He doesn't won't me to feed him at all or he gets fighting mad. I was trying to feed him cream of wheat & yogurt, but he screamed until I let him do it. He uses the spoon for about 30 seconds and then he does this











































I have decided that it is pointless for me to buy toys. Colby will not play with toys, he prefers household items for some odd reason. I took pics of him playing all day and not one time was he playing with a toy. So, Colby's Santa wish list will consist of


1. Fly swatters
2. Sand




3. Pots & Pans



4. Spoons






5. Tape measure

6. Containers


I found these training pants that I like better because they are a little thicker but I can still pull them up and down. So for family that's wondering what Colby needs for Christmas, these would be great!


http://www.betterforbabies.com/training_pants_little_beetle.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...