Monday, May 25, 2009

Baby Jones #2 on the way, YAY!!

One day I realized the date and thought Oh my I could be pregnant, which was a little shocking because we weren't trying to conceive at the time. I took the test which was negative and I was surprised when I felt disappointed. I was even more surprised when Chris had mutual feelings. So, we decided obviously we were ready for baby #2. One month went by and "Ta Da" baby #2 is in the oven.

It was time to take the test and 2 little pink lines quickly appeared! I was so thrilled and immediately began to count my blessings. Chris is out of town so I called to give him the happy news and he ask me "are you serious" about 5 times and then said "awesome, round 2". Our parents are ecstatic and can't wait for Colby to be a big brother. I had a feeling the entire time that Colby was a boy and I have the same feeling that this one is a girl. I asked Colby if the baby was a boy or girl and he said girl. I would love to be an all boy momma, and I can also picture hair bows all over the house, so either way I will be tickled pink!
Chris text me a second ago and said what about this name for a boy, so if I had to guess then I would say he is thinking about another boy hehe!
Babycenter.com says my due date will be Jan 29 but I haven't been to the doctor yet. I am calling tomorrow to make an appointment 4 weeks from now, so we shall see.

I haven't had any morning sickness yet, so that 's a plus. I was only sick for one week with Colby so I'm hoping for the same or none at all! I already gave up the sweet tea and coffee, good thing I enjoyed some excellent coffee at Crackle Barrel the day before I found out and had a white chocolate mocha on the way there hehe!

I am so giddy about being pregnant, I think it's the most beautiful thing in the world. It's so awesome to think that Chris and I were co-creators with God himself, it gives me chill bumps!


We went to a cook out today and two of my friends are due in July and they both look so beautiful and radiant! Kate and Jenn will both be amazing moms!!!





Today I was thinking about how early I started showing with Colby, I thought I was having twins. I was showing at 8 weeks and the doctor assured me it was just one in there and I would show early because I was small. I have heard that most people show earlier and get bigger with the second one so I guess I will start showing tomorrow with this one hehe! If you are pregnant, you have to get this book. It keeps up with everything about your pregnancy and you take a picture each week. I love to look at it and I'm so glad I did it. My scanner isn't working so I had to take pictures from the book.


38 weeks


Talk about BIG, I thought my side was going to rip from my body!! 39 weeks




I can't wait to do it all over again!
Please keep us in your prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby. I know it's early to tell people but that's just me. I can't hold wonderful news in, I have to tell everyone how Good God is! Something can happen in the first trimester but it can also happen in the third. I know that God gives and God takes away so we are prepared for God's plan, and I trust in his plan always!





Colby had so much fun at Reese's birthday party. We don't give Colby much sugar so he turned into a maniac after eating 1 1/2 ice cream cones and sucking on a huge tootsie pop for 2 hours.


He normally goes to sleep at 7:00 but he had the after party in his bed instead. I watched him on the monitor while he laughed with Binky (his lovey), acted like a bear, and jumped up and down in his bed until almost 10:00. He has never been awake at 10:00 so I'm thinking Colby and sugar don't jive!! We had a great time and the space jump wore me out!
















































They were born on the same day and now his mommy is also due in Jan, so the next babies might have the same birthday too!







































































5 comments:

Ashley said...

i am super excited about baby jones #2! i am like you, i tell EVERYONE the same day i find out which is always before my cycle is even late (i can never wait to find out!). i figure, if something were to happen, i would tell those i love about it anyway, so why not share the good news! i am totally with you on that! pregnancy is so beautiful and fun, despite morning sickness and those aches and pains at the end. i am not missing it yet, but feel myself getting close to missing it!! i can't wait to do it all over again sometime in the future. if i thought mikey was my last baby, i would be sooo sad! i hope you have a boy so you'll have 2 boys just like me, but a girlfriend for mikey would be superfun, too! either way, it's a huge thrill! congratulations!

Anna said...

This is so exciting! Congratulations!

The Webb's said...

Im so excited for ya'll. Pregnancy is fun except for the morning sickness i have had for 6 MONTHS! I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Congrats!

Amy Perry Smith said...

Congrats! You are such a great mommy!

Amanda Jones said...

Thanks everyone for the congrats! Amy, your so sweet that is the best compliment I could ever recieve! Chris gave me a card once and it was filled with reasons why he loved me. The reason that meant the most and made me cry was the comment about being the best mom. It's sooo crazy how becoming a mom changes all your priorities and concerns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...