Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bye Bye Birdie

We have adopted a maniac bird, and it has to go bye bye in about 3, 2, 1 seconds or I'm going to go insane!!!!
We have tinted windows on our house so the windows look like mirrors from the outside view. We have a cardinal that is literally mating with our window. I'm so surprised that the bird hasn't broken her neck because she slams into the window over and over and over. Then, she makes an ear wrenching call that wakes everyone up!!!
Colby was sleeping from 7:00- 8:00 and that crazy bird wakes him up anywhere between 5:45-6:30. I have to go in there give him milk, sing Jesus Loves Me, and lay him back down. He goes back to sleep until about 7:15 unless the bird continues.

I'm at a loss of what to do and hurting an animal is out of the question!! Any suggestions?

When I go to get him up he is signing "bird" then he hits his head. He knows the crazy bird is hitting his head on the window.

He doesn't like it at all, it scares him!!
This was at 6:00am and you can hear Colby wake up and start crying. He wasn't doing the awful mate call but you can see how he is trying to break into my house.





Colby loves birds (I think that's the sign he uses the most) but he doesn't like birds that fly into our window!!!!




This past weekend was busy. Saturday Chris had his 27th birthday, and Colby's gift to daddy was 101 fever and lots of whining ( happy birthday to daddy, hehe). Saturday morning was Kate Taylor's baby shower and I couldn't take Colby sick so he stayed home with Chris.









Cutest Baby Cake Ever!!!



Hostesses



After the shower we had to head to Hammond, LA for Pawpaw's 80th Birthday party. I was worried about taking Colby with fever, but we couldn't miss it. It took mawmaw way too much effort to find a time to accommodate everyone, even Cory flew in from Cali.


The Jones Men


Mawmaw wanted a family portrait because she didn't have one with Colby.
Colby had such a good time and never acted like he had fever. He was saying everyone's name; Mawmaw, Pawpaw, JoJo, Coach, Cory, Darren, Bub, and he said pooper for Cooper.
He is going through a stage where he screams MaMa all day long. So, if I got out of his sight or someone picked him up he would start screaming MaMa. Around 5:00 he had 102 fever so I put him in a cool bath and it came down . He still acted fine. I called the doctor and they said just give him tylenol and watch carefully. We left Mawmaw's and went to stay the night with Granny Bub.
How cute are these beds, I felt like I was in an old black and white film. I'm a big cuddler so I almost squeezed in Chris's bed but it really wasn't enough room. There wasn't an extra room so Colby had to sleep in our room. He has never been in the room with us except the first few months, which he doesn't remember. During the middle of the night I guess he heard me move so he jumped up in his bed and yelled Mama. I was very still an didn't say a word so he laid back down but as soon as he laid down Chris rolled over and it scared him. He stood back up screaming MaMa MaMa MaMa. I got up to get him and he was burning up with 104 fever. I got him back to sleep and Chris slept on the couch and I slept in the chair. I wasn't chancing it again. Colby doesn't like anyone in his room or any noises while he is sleeping. The next morning his temp was 99 and he was a happy camper , craziness! Sunday morning Chris went to church with his uncle and then we hit the road and headed back to Mississippi. The entire day he acted fine but still had a little fever so I decided to wait until Monday morning to take him to see a doctor. We went to the doctor and they checked for everything and what do you know, NOTHING! I know it sounds crazy to blame a temp that high on teething but he is cutting 4 teeth right now and last time he cut four teeth the same thing happened. My little man now has 16 teeth, only four more to go, and bye bye to teething YAY!!

where we started out sleeping

Where we ended up sleeping

The things we do to make our children happy!!



















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...