Monday, May 18, 2009

Please Poop in the Potty






Well, well, well.... what can I say about potty training? How come my son can learn sign language, knows where to put the keys to start the car, and can cut the radio on when he wants to dance, but can't put his poop in the potty. It is so baffling to me!!! Everything I have read said that most potty problems such as, scared to poop in the potty and prolonged bed wetting is more of a problem in America because children aren't starting to potty train before 20 months and aren't completely potty trained by 24 months. My point being, I did potty train early and he has pooped in the potty before he was one and now won't hear of it. So, even though you potty train young doesn't mean they won't go through the fear of pooping or regress. Supposedly, by potty training young he will be over the fear and no poop problems by 24 months (I'll let you know). The crazy thing is, I really don't think he is scared to poop in the potty. I think he has convinced himself that he is suppose to poop outside because our dog does. We are constantly saying, "Bentley, potty outside" and then we praise him. When Colby sees Bentley potty outside he says, "BB poo poo" and claps his hands. Colby will get off the potty and then go outside to take care of business. He is really quick about it (especially wearing big boy underwear ) and if I try to pick him up in the middle of it and rush him to the potty then he stops and won't finish (which can't be healthy). He has done this so many times, he even goes to get the water hose because he knows I have to spray off the patio. You are never suppose to punish or show frustration when it comes to potty training so there isn't much I can do. But, he is really going to think he is suppose to potty outside if I don't come up with something quick.



Gammy got Colby a potty book and it has a sticker chart. I thought I would try this and maybe he will want to poop in the potty if he gets a sticker. He loves the stickers and gets one when he TTs but has yet to poop. He walked in on Chris using the bathroom and was so excited for daddy. He said, "daddy poopoo, sticker". He thought Chris deserved a sticker hehe. Colby acts like he is trying to poop in the potty so he can get a sticker. He has the poop straining sound perfected, take a listen!!







My parents pool is finally warming up so Colby got in for the first time and absolutely loved it!! He would run and jump in to daddy and thought it was so funny! we have to watch him like a hawk because he doesn't care if someone is there to catch him or not, he just jumps in like he knows how to swim.




He is counting and he uses a finger on each hand for one and two instead of using two fingers on one hand. It was pretty funny!








Saturday night we decided to go visit with some friends so we let Colby stay the night with my parents. This was his very first time to stay the night away from home so I was a little nervous. I put him to bed at 7:00 and he didn't cry at all. I was so surprised because he has a thing about sleeping in his own bed. I told my mom if he woke up yelling Mama to call me immediately and I would be on my way to get him. He didn't make a sound until 6:45 Sunday morning. I was so excited he did well! When we went home that night it was a little weird seeing his empty bed and knowing he wasn't there, but I know it's good for him to get use to staying with my parents. Chris and I went to church and by that time it had been way too long, and I was so ready to go see my little man.




Sunday afternoon was Jenn's baby shower so Colby got to see his buddies Wyatt and Conner.


I didn't get any good pics of the shower because I was chasing Colby around the whole time!


Jenn & baby Gray
Of course, Colby found a broom.







Playing in baby Kale's room. They were breaking it in before he arrives.






Wyatt











I told Conner to say cheese and he showed me the cheese in his mouth, HA!


We had a great and blessed weekend!!!!









4 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

THAT is a HILARIOUS video!What type of potty is he on now that attaches to the "real" toilet? We have a ladder with a seat but it is a little big for Carsyn?

Amanda Jones said...

I thought about getting the potty with the ladder so he could get up there by himself. Also, he needs something to put his feet on while he is trying to poop. I thought about a foot stool but I don't think his feet would reach it anyway. Let me know how that works out.

Amanda Smith said...

You didn't tell me what he is sitting on? Is it something that attaches to the toilet? Carsyn went poo poo last night in the potty but it was because I threw her on it before she went in the bathtub! :)

Amanda Jones said...

It's just a potty seat that fits on the toilet. It has little handles on the side to help him hold on. It's still poop in the potty, take what you can get hehe! Was she excited about flushing it down?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...