Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Who needs Pump It Up?

Colby is a HUGE fan of Pump It Up and every time I say, "guess what?" he responds, "I jump high!" That's his way of saying, "are we going to Pump It Up.......ohhhh pretty please with sprinkles on top. So, it's often disappointing when I reply, "no, but we are going to the store" or "not Pump It Up today, but I got you this new book!" I try not to even say "guess what" anymore.


My mom and I took him to Pump It Up two weeks before my due date so I could get in some one-on-one time before Chase arrived. I knew it would be awhile before we were able to go again so we took advantage of a play session they opened up due to all the the school closings (no water issues...sorry Kim, didn't mean to bring up bad memories).

We were the only ones in the building for the first 30 minutes, and it was a blast! Gammy even got up the courage to slide down, even though Colby wouldn't slide with her (he is way to big for that).


Watch his graceful plunge off the slide



Since Chase arrived Gammy thought Colby deserved a special "Big Brother" gift. You know how grandparents think.......oh poor baby isn't getting all the attention anymore.Gammy told me she was getting him a jumping castle, and I knew he would be thrilled, but I didn't know it would need a room of its own!

You can only imagine what I was thinking as Chris was blowing up this enormous contraption.
We didn't have an electric pump so he used a foot pump......see the excitement on his face.

He really was a sport and didn't complain one time! Have I ever mentioned how much I love him!!!



It really is an eye-sore in my dining room ( playroom now). This is the view from my living room couch.......go ahead and laugh, I know it's pretty comical!
It's not really how I pictured my dining room and it definitely doesn't match my decor


but after I saw his reaction, it didn't matter one bit!!









Daddy has enjoyed the castle too!

Colby has also used his castle to entertain his friends!

Colby & Kate

Colby & Cook


Who needs Pump It Up when you have a jumping castle!! Thanks Gammy......it's a hit!

2 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

It's a big hit around our house too! Kate is still talking about it! I have told her several times that we can go back over to Colby's and play in it, but we will not be purchasing one of our own!

Hope all is going well!

Amanda Smith said...

Ha too cute! Yes that is why I have had a gigantic JUMPOLENE in my DINING room since December! Which I also pumped up with a foot pump-TWICE- not my husband- ME! It shall be coming down as soon as Old Man winter departs thougH!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...