Monday, December 13, 2010

Colby's B-day- No Gifts

Okay birthday party guest. your being hard headed!!

Colby's birthday party is this Saturday and I sealed the invitation with the following request....

No gifts please- your presence is your present!




I thought it was a great idea for many reasons!


  • It's Christmas time and for some people money is tight, I don't won't anyone to think they have to bring a gift just to come celebrate......we care about you not a gift!
  • A party at Pump It Up is a gift within itself!
  • I want Colby to know that it's special just to celebrate with family and friends, it's not about all the presents.
  • We invited 30 something children........no child should get 30 birthday gifts, COME ON!
  • He is having a family birthday party the following day with plenty of gifts to open.....a reasonable amount of gifts.
  • Colby shares the same bday with his buddy Mikey so they are sharing a party and this way one child won't get more than the other. 
  • Think about it.......children don't like watching the birthday boy open presents, they would much rather play and have fun together!  
Apparently, a few of our friends don't think "no gifts" is a bright idea..hehe! I have gotten several messages in the last few days......

What's with the no presents tag? please! Colby is getting a present! Nice Try!  

Will you be mad if I bring Colby a present?

Is this a joke or what?

What does Colby like? I don't care what you say, I'm bringing a present!

You ladies are cracking me up! I know it really doesn't matter what I say but I'm being for real when I say, "You don't have to bring a gift to come par-tay with us, we just want you to come and celebrate!!!


I will see you guys Saturday morning....get ready to PUMP IT UP!

1 comment:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...