Monday, January 31, 2011

Babywearing- Close Enough To Kiss!

When Colby was born, I enjoyed wearing him in a carrier so I could snuggle with him and to be honest, I just thought it was so darn adorable!




It wasn't until I learned all about Attachment Parenting that I discovered babywearing has so many fantastic benefits!
  • Aids in breastfeeding
  • Sling babies cry less
  • Sling babies learn more
  • Babywearing creates a womb like experience and soothes the baby.
  • Creates a stronger bond
  • Helps mother to read baby's cues quicker which creates trust with caregiver


more detailed benefits from Dr. Sears!

Take a look at a child's view from a stroller vs. sling........which one would you prefer??
It's not in English, but you can still see a baby's perspective.







I enjoy babywearing over a stroller any day, especially having to chase around another kiddo! You know how it goes....you end up holding the baby, trying to push the stroller with one hand, and somehow manage to keep the other kiddo under control....way too stressful!

My friend Ashley has a three and four year old and carrying her new baby in a sling is a must. Babywearing keeps Natalee extremely happy, allows her to nap anytime she wants too, and enables Ashley to have open hands to care for her older boys!
Kim has a four year old and a 20 month old so babywearing has been a life saver for her new little guy, Joey! It's so fitting that his name is Joey since he has spent his first months of life in his mommy's pouch!

Every time we go out, Joey is strapped on and ready to go!
I seriously have never heard him cry one time! Another plus about babyweaing is the ability to breastfeed while you go about your business, Kim has mastered this skill! She throws a blanket over him, and Joey nurses until his little heart is content......I have to say, it's pretty  impressive! If there was a babywearing-breastfeeding award, she would take it home...no doubt. She nurses Joey while grocery shopping, playing in the park, and even while helping her daughter open birthday presents at her party, and no one even knew...I told you she has mad skills!!

The best thing about babywearing is.....your baby is always close enough to kiss!!



2 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

Thanks for the props!!! I forgot to mention my excitement about book #2 one this first one can get going!

Cat said...

stopping by from Kim's blog! I love baby wearing, too. :)
cat (www.constantinchaos.blogspot.com)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...