Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ashes....a perfect ending to a CRAZY day!

When I say we had a crazy day....I mean Crazy with a capital C!!

You can imagine how it is staying in a hotel with a three and one year old, so we find something fun to go do everyday! Yesterday, we went to the park at 9:00 and there was an unexpected wind that graced our bodies with chill bumps, especially since the boys were sporting muscle shirts!

Chase is quite obsessed with birds, here he is trying to catch a few.....

He signs bird every time he spots one, which is all day.........

After bird chasing, we decided it was just too chilly at the park so we decided to visit The Witte Museum.





 Chase made friends with a stingray!

Colby caught a few frogs!

The boys were having a blast, that is until our adventure took a nasty turn at the waterworks exhibit.

Notice, Chase leaning over to explore the water......

Notice, Chase nose-diving into the water......

I was trying to snap a pic of Colby and when I noticed Chase leaning in too far, I dropped my phone to grab Chase and it captured this unforgettable moment!

I just had to .....

Bless his heart.....I figured this would be a not so funny photo in the moment but a laughable experience for later in life!


I had to strip him down to his diaper and carry his

freezing booty

bleeding head

crying tale 

all the way to the car!

Colby glances up at me with a pouty lip and says,

Mommy I'm so sad!

Me too baby, it makes me so sad that Chase got all wet and hurt his head.

No, Mommy I'm so sad we have to leave, Chase knew better than that!

Oh my....I bit my tongue and focused on Chase!


We arrived to the hotel, and I was so concerned to get Chase up to the room and taken care of that I actually left the 

keys in the ignition

the motor running

and an open invitation to steal my beloved Oddy!

Thank the good Lord Oddy is still with us today since the invitation was open for 4 hours......yep, bye bye all my gas!


The day continued to throw craziness our way!

Next, a homeless man stole my wallet and then tried to convince me another man took it from my bag and he was so brave to retrieve it for me and deserved a reward.....I told you crazy with a capital C!!!

Thank Goodness yesterday was Ash Wednesday!!

Ahhhh the beginning of Lent!!

Lent is a season that reminds us to repent and get our lives centered, our priorities straight, and our hearts clean. This holy season offers us a new chance to say, "yes" to the Lover of our Souls who created us, who made us in his own image. Lent is the time for a restoration project that will reveal the beauty of God’s design for us, showing once again the scale, proportion, and priorities intended by our Maker.
Further, Lent is a season of hope and with ashes on our foreheads and hope in our hearts, we go forth to love and serve. For by God’s grace in Christ, we do not have to stay the way we are.   
Stuart Malloy



Colby received his ashes and then knelt down to pray...out loud I might add!

Jesus Loves me this I know

for the bible tells me so

little ones to him belong

they are weak but he is strong!




A perfect ending to a CRAZY day!


Until Next Time.......

1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That is quite a day. Kate and I enjoyed looking at the pictures together. How completely priceless that you captured the fall!

Also, Kate thinks that the pic with Colby getting ashes is a picture of him in the bathtub.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...