Friday, March 4, 2011

What Makes My Heart Skip a Beat?

Don't judge a SAHM when you see her out and about looking ROUGH! It's not feasible to look fab on most days. Actually, it's just not worth it! I can't waste an hour on getting dolled up.....Chase would be playing in the potty water on the floor after Colby caused an overflow from too much toilet paper!
That would just be one scenario that could play out and let's face it, me drying my hair and putting on makeup isn't worth starting our day in chaos!


Yesterday morning wasn't different than any other. After breakfast the boys started getting stir crazy, so I started getting us all dressed to head out to The Japanese Tea Garden! Colby has started dressing himself so that takes a good 20 minutes, leaving me time to get Chase dressed and lunch packed. I had just enough time to throw on some gym attire, run my fingers in my hair to form a ponytail, and luckily brush my teeth......no time to even wash my face, hello Mrs. Puffy eyes!!

I wasn't really concerned, after all I'm in San Antonio and I don't know a sole that I will ever see again....who cares if I look like something the cat drug in.

We made our way to the elevator and the doors opened to reveal two extremely tall, handsome men in suites greeting us with a "good morning!"

Of course, the day I look like death....Oh well, I was just hoping they wouldn't look too close at the sleep still in my eyes!

The elevator stopped at the next floor and what do you know.....five more tall, handsome men in suites squeeze onto our elevator and began to mingle with the others. It was so crowded that Colby was on his bike on the other side and couldn't see me anymore.

Colby looks up and yells, "mommy, do you see these big, huge people?"  "I need you right now, I need to get to you!"

The men definitely got  a laugh, and Colby ruined my plan of sitting in the corner and hoping not to be noticed!

We made it to the lobby only to find a room full of Canada's Hockey Team!


If you are single, you should have been there! Lots of young hockey jocks to choose from!

Do I wish I wouldn't have looked like poop......after thinking about it,  NO!

I could careless!

Sure they were all bulked up, tall, and handsome.......and did I mention a professional athlete!

But it didn't mean a hill of beans to me.......I'm sure the feeling was mutual.

Do you want to know what really makes my heart skip a beat and takes my breath away?

When my gorgeous husband walks through the door everyday after work and has two adorable boys hanging from his neck.........the uniform is just a bonus!








Until Next Time

1 comment:

Gretta said...

For the first time ever, I don't even care how I look to other men. I think my fiance is so good-looking. And because I love hearing it so much, he tells me how pretty I am all the time. For once, I have met someone that indulges my only-child-self-centered attitude that I have had to suppress my entire life just so that I wouldn't be labeled as spoiled. Now that I actually am spoiled....I would never ever give that up! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...