Saturday, July 28, 2012

Boys' New Room


I adored teaching first grade, and absolutely enjoyed my job! It was a good thing I fainted in the OR the day a surgeon placed a rotten toe in my hand, it really wrapped up my decision to change my major....THE NEXT DAY!  Life always has a funny way of working out, at least in my life it does. Everyday with little munchkins was fun and exciting, it just feels good to the soul to make a difference in a child's life. I got to work early and stayed late, making sure to perfect my plans for the next day. I was happy, content, and doing what I loved!

Then, along came my baby boy! He stole my heart, and I didn't have enough left to give to my students. My mind would constantly wonder throughout the day....

What was he doing?

Was he happy?

Does he miss me like I miss him?


All I wanted was to be home with my baby and I didn't feel like I could be the teacher I needed to be, my heart was somewhere else!

I had to tell Top Gun, "Honey, I know we just bought this new, spacious house, but I'm not going  back to work after this school year. Is that going to be okay?"

I have to admit, I was a little afraid, but my man came through like a champ!!
He was so supportive, besides the whole...I guess we will live off ramon noodles. It was tight, but the good lord always provided. Top Gun got a new job and since we were moving, I figured we might as well  down size for a few years, so I could comfortably stay home with the squirts as long as I desire. We did some major downsizing, it didn't really matter, even in the large house they were under our feet...it was all wasted space.

The night we moved in our tiny cozy house I went into labor, needless to say not much decorating took place for some time. My goal was to transition Chase out of our bed to make room for baby girl, so we put the boys together, I felt like bed sharing with brother would be the most gentle transition for Mr. Cuddlebug.

It only took me ten months, but I finished the boy's room  tonight. I like for things to look nice, but on a cheap budget.  My friend Kim at Bim Kreations helped a frugal momma out!! I think the colors she chose are charming and very inviting.....don't you want to jump up there and do some major cuddling?!

Bedding was half off at Target, Chris made the fabric headboards, I sewed the curtains, and Kim covered my pillows.


I added a new splash of paint to frames I already had, and used our beautiful family pictures done by Kristi Shack!



                                 Threw in a little cuteness on the pillows (free from a sweet friend).




                           I spent about $2 on this pole and stuck two large bolts into each end.

The chair has been rocking my babies for years! We have read books galore while piled up in that cozy thing!

Very affordable shelves from Lowe's,
bulletin board from college days, and bins from target ($2). The only thing missing is a cute chair at the desk....still looking for a deal.

                                                  
                  Yes, that is a video monitor still in their room. No, I'm not crazy, stalker mom...Josie is in there a lot and often sleeps on their bed.

                                              $10 drip pan from Walmart provides magnet fun!
                                            
                                              Sweet baby girl....priceless!!

                                      I told you this room was cheap, just the way I like it!


                                                Until Next Time...........

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...