Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Understand



Crystal,
My dear, sweet friend, I have to admit I thought you were crazy at times, only for my lack of experience. I was childless while watching you raise three little squirts. I adored your family and it was always entertaining, but parts of your life were very confusing to me. Since I'm now raising three children under the age of five, all the confusion is crystal clear!

I understand why you never appreciated my five minute notice to meet me for lunch.

I understand why every time we tried to have a phone conversation, it was interrupted a million times.

I understand why your kids were always taking a bath.

I understand why your entire family slept in one bed.

I understand why it took you ALL DAY LONG to clean the house.

I understand why you spoke of grocery shopping as if you climbed Mt. Everest.

I understand why you picked your battles.

I understand no matter what advice you were given, you always followed your mommy intuition.

I understand how you were immune to "mama mama mama mama mama".

I understand how you knew the difference in a hurt cry and a nothing is really wrong cry.

I understand why you let your sweet baby have her pacifier for three years.

I understand why you always had a hard time spending money on yourself.

I understand why your hubby always wanted you home.

I understand why you cried at the tiniest milestones.

I understand why you were so protective and almost put that mean kid at the park in time out.

I understand the love you once said was indescribable.


I understand you weren't crazy at all, unless I'm wrong, and we are both crazy!


Until Next Time.....




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...