Friday, October 9, 2009

More Potty Improvements!!!!

Well..........the poop has landed in the potty, woohoo!! I decided not give smarties every time but instead I use Trix cereal. It's candy to Colby because he eats raisin bran cereal for breakfast. He loves getting Trix but was still signing sucker every time he went to the potty.
So..I told him suckers were only for poop in the potty. He got so excited and tried all day! He kept saying poopoo and running to the bathroom. I would follow behind him and try to cheer him on but he would only teetee. I remembered reading an article by John Rosemond and it said that some boys are private poopers and can't poop with an audience. It was bedtime and Colby had not pooped all day, and I knew he had to. We were getting his PJ's on and he said poopoo so I told Chris just to let him go in there by himself and sure enough...he is a private pooper. He sat there for 5 minutes and did his business! He told us when he was done and wanted his sucker. I was soooo excited!
We stayed home ( besides little trips to the store) all week and really practiced so today was our first big outing in underwear. We went to Sing & Sign class and as soon as we made it to the hospital, he used the potty. I was very shocked because for the last two days he has stood up to teetee but he couldn't reach this potty so he had to sit but he still did great! Well, he got really excited about class and had a teetee accident. I knew it would happen because he is so comfortable at home and he walks around in is birthday suit which makes it really easy to do his business. I told him that it was okay but try to tell me sooner. He didn't have another accident, made it all the way home, fell asleep and still stayed dry. I transferred him to the bed where he remained dry and waited until he woke up to go potty!! I'm so thrilled at the progress he has made....thank goodness for bribery!!
This was him talking to his Gammy on the phone and trying to explain that he had used the potty all day!



Our goal is to be completely potty trained by two and we have 2 more months....I think we can do it!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...