Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Potty Update

I'm still so thrilled with how great Colby is doing! I have changed my opinion in the last week. I guess the experts do know a little because they were right about ditching the pull-ups. Colby didn't care if he went in the pull-up because he couldn't feel it...it's just like a diaper. If he has underwear on then he tells us 99.9 % of the time. He wore his underwear to church Sunday and told us both times during church. Everyone thought it was pretty funny when he yelled teetee in the middle of church. After I thought about it, pull-ups serve no purpose. If he wets the pull-up, I still have to take his shoes and pants off and put another pull-up on. The only difference is with underwear, I have to wipe his legs off and put a new pair of pants on. But, I have to do it less often..so it's a no brainer!
At one point I was questioning the early start potty training by Dr. Linda Sonna



but now I would recommend it to friend. After all, it promises that your child will be potty trained by the age of two and I can say it worked! It says that by using the techniques at a young age that your child can be potty trained anywhere between the ages of 12 months-2years. Colby was at the end of the spectrum but nonetheless he made it. Dr. Sonna says that this technique eliminates or greatly decreases the chances of being a bed wetter. She says that prolonged bed wetting is usually a result of late potty training. So, hopefully Colby will escape the chances of being a bed wetter since his father and I both were bed wetters for many years.


Colby is 22 months old and is:

100% potty trained at home when in the nude. If he is nude, he just goes when he needs to and doesn't even tell me.

99.9% at home in clothes. He usually tells me in time but he has an accident once every couple of days.

99.5% in underwear in public.

95% in pull-ups in public.

After talking to many parents and doing a lot of research I have come to this conclusion:

You can potty train early and it's a long process but it saves you a whole year or more of diaper changes and maybe many years of bed wetting or you can wait until three years old and potty train in just a few days. I guess it depends on how much work you are willing to do and how long you can stand cleaning poop!

When we are in public we have to take him constantly because sometimes he waits too late to tell us and we can't get to a restroom quick enough. He told me had to teetee going down the road and thank goodness I was passing a friends house and we were able to stop and use her bathroom. We do have one problem...Colby teetees when he gets mad. If we are home and he is nude then we say no and he stops and runs to the potty to finish but if he has on clothes, it's a problem. Hopefully he will grow out of this soon!

Potty Training is definitely an adventure to say the least!






Playgroup at Chucky Cheese

He was so excited to see Chucky!!



Caleb










Caleb & Chucky










Colby watching Mickey & Bradley play air hockey.



Colby's favorite ride!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...