Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Potty Training

I am so excited to announce that Colby has been teetee accident free for two days now! The bad news is we are still struggling with letting go of the poop. He hates the poop being on him and tells me immediately so I can change him but he still doesn't won't to put it in the potty...ughhh I guess it will come in time! I have come to realize that I'm the worst potty trainer ever! I did everything the early start potty training books said and it just didn't work out for me! I guess it worked out to an extent because he is doing great and still isn't even two (I've seen many 3 three year olds not potty trained) but he is pretty strong-willed so that might have something to do with it!

I found out just how strong-willed he is yesterday. I know that he understands the concept completley but just wasn't doing it consistently because he just didn't won't to. He loves getting suckers at the bank so I went to the store and got some suckers. I told him if he used the potty, he could get a sucker. He didn't have one accident all day! I knew it....I knew he was just being strong-willed. He still wants to use his little potty, but I was surprised he stood up everytime, aimed perfectly, and went by himself everytime. Hello....this boy has understood for awhile. I realized I had to come up with something different because he can't walk around with a sucker all day and he threw a fit because I brushed his teeth so many times LOL! I'm paranoid about cavities. I can't help it my mom is in denistry (she brainwashed me HA). Today I went and bought some smarties and he gets two everytime he uses the potty. I know... it's still candy and probably a bad idea but at least it's better than sucking on a sucker all day. I know....all the experts say never reward with candy or food but it's what works for Colby, so we aren't listening to experts anymore when it comes to the potty department! I also went today and got pull-ups for when we are out and about. I've also read never use pull-ups because it delays potty training but like I said, "not listening anymore". He stays in the nude or in underwear at home, but I think we will start out with pull-ups in public....don't really won't to clean carseat cushion everytime we take a ride! Maybe he will do great in public because he is going by himself and he is telling me has to go FINALLY!!!

Now I have to convince him to use a big potty in public....this might take a whole cake LOL!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...