Thursday, August 19, 2010

Messy House :( Making Memories :)


I had playgroup at my house this week and my friend said, "I love coming to play at your house, you have a big yard for the kids to play and your house is always so clean....I get so tired of looking at the mess at my house!!

The very next day I took a look at my house and laughed out loud as I recalled her comment. For the most part, my house is usually clean (surface clean, not clean clean)......I try my best since a clean house gives my hubby a happy heart and he does many things to make me happy!! But lets get real, the life of a SAHM doesn't always make a clean home realistic!

Ashley....eat your words my friend!!

If you came over the next day, you wouldn't have made it through the barricade at the front door.


You would have had a doozy of a time trying to find a place to sit!
Don't get me started on the kitchen.....
yes, that's a bra!
Oh wait, the play room isn't too messy......since Colby doesn't PLAY in the PLAY room, that would just make way too much sense!!
You might would have considered me lazy with an un-made bed and those are addresses that I was suppose to take to a  friend yesterday, but it slipped my mind  (sorry Catherine...soon, very soon, I promise)
My house literally looked like a bomb went off! You know it's bad when my mom comes over and the first thing she does is start picking up toys!

If you really think a mom with small children always has a spotless home......think again! If someone tries to convince you otherwise........I sense a fibber!!

Cleaning wasn't on my mind.......I got a much better idea while reading some blogs!
Colby is extremely fascinated with Fire Engines right now so when I came across this post, I knew he would love it!!
 We loaded up and headed to the library to check out some books about fire engines and dalmatians......
and then we made a cute little fireman dalmatian out of a toilet paper roll!
Dalmatian template here


I also found this great Fireman Lapbook!

If you love to do crafts and learning activities, http://www.homeschoolcreations.com/ has great ideas and all the work is done for you.....just print and enjoy!!


So, my house might be messy but my children are making memories!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Did you read this post yet? http://www.aholyexperience.com/2010/08/when-your-trying-to-get-your-priorities.html
good stuff, related to yours...

Alicia said...

Hey, maybe you could bring Colby out to Brandon one day and let him get in the firetruck. Ryan is a fireman at Brandon. From the sounds of it he would LOVE that! Let me know if you would like to do that one day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...