Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Raising Grateful Kids

I was so inspired by Ann Voskamp, over at A Holy Experience......one of my all time fav blogs to read!


She recently wrote a post about How to (help) Raise Grateful Kids and it got me motivated to plant some seeds in the heart of my boys!


Yesterday Colby started a Thankful Journal. Each day he will write one thing that makes him thankful. 




Colby, what is something that makes you feel really happy and thankful?


My Daddy, I love him so much! When daddy plays with me all the time, I feel soooo happy!


Aw baby, that is so sweet, and I know it makes Daddy thankful too.....lets write it in your Thankful Journal!





What a precious first journal entry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another great idea I stole from Ann, is to write thank you notes to show gratitude! Not just for materialistic things, but much deeper gratitude.......

the friend who is always kind, 

the helpful neighbor,

the teacher who is encouraging, or 

the lady at church with the warm hugs!



Colby, can you remember somebody doing something for you that made you feel very special?

Yes, Kate was so sweet to let me play with her ball at her house.....that was so sweet of Kate!

It sure was! Kate loves her ball and she let you play with it so you would be happy......she was being such a good friend. Lets write her a thank-you note to let her know how thankful you are for her kindness and friendship.

Okay, that would be a great idea, and I will color her a picture too!









Perspective can always adopt gratitude — and gratitude always parents joy.
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it" 
~ WIlliam Ward


Thanks Kim for being such a great friend and raising such a precious daughter that my son adores......we are so thankful for you guys!! Oh yea, thanks for letting us crash at your crib all the time too....love you bunches! 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ideas to Raise Grateful Kids

2 comments:

C. Jones said...

Woop, Woop! Looks like daddy got a shout out, ha. Great idea. Miss you guys bunches. Love you!

Kosek Landing said...

So sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...