Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How The Gender Reveal Went Down!


Yesterday was the big gender reveal and what a day it was! I'm thrilled we decided to find out with our family and friends, it was a moment I will never forget, and we were blessed to have shared such a precious moment with our family and besties!

Chris stayed home with the boys and I went for my 18 week check up, and I asked the tech performing the ultrasound to please not tell me the sex, but to check it and seal it tight....really tight.

Let me tell you.....it was burning a hole in my hand! It took all I had to fight back the urge to rip into the envelope and discover my future!

I DID IT! I took it right to the baker, handed it over, and drove away with my palms sweating!


I kept busy preparing dinner, decorating, and envisioning what color would be revealed in just a few short hours.....palms sweating more at this point!




I was so anxious and about to explode....the suspense was killing me!

See....I was pretending to pose for a picture, but I was wiping the sweat from my palms!

My mind was so focused on tearing that cake to pieces that I couldn't think straight. All the guest wore pink or blue to show their prediction and the plan was to get a pic of team Boy and a pic of team Girl, Yep.....I don't have a single picture of my sweet guest, but 

here are their votes!!



It's game time! Get the boys......


Get Chris's mom on skype....


and let Colby man cut the cake......


It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!


My heart skipped a beat, and I started jumping up and down, with a knife until someone grabbed it from my hand......smart move Jess!

Tears welled up in my eyes and I fought to hold them off, I knew if I let it go.....it would get out of control!
I caught a glance of my best friend of 20 years and she was about to cry.....I had to look away quickly before I lost it!!

I was overwhelmed with joy!! I don't deserve the life I've been given and all my blessings, but I accept them all in a New York minute and thank God above!

 (I think Crystal had her eye on the the cake and didn't notice she was filming Jessica's cup.....Oh well, you get the idea of our excitement!!)

My two little squirts are going to love, protect, and probably turn their little sister into a tom-boy......she doesn't have a chance!
She won't need their protection, she'll probably be tougher than nails!


All the kiddos were pumped about the news.....okay maybe not, but


I sure was!!!!!!!!

It's Pink!!!!

It's a GIRL!!!

I might still be out numbered, but I'm not solo anymore!

I've got a little ham joining my team the first week of October!!

Now.....what to name her???????

Until Next Time.............

2 comments:

Britanny said...

Yay! A sweet baby girl! Being a sister to two brothers, I know how much fun brothers can be...AND how much you can learn from them. Sending you a big ole girly hug from us today! Thanks for sharing the party. Everything looks so adorable..from cupcakes to bags! Love it all. What a great idea!

Anna said...

So exciting! Congratulations! Little girls are fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...