Thursday, May 5, 2011

Never Forget the Vinegar!

My boys never got the memo to sleep late on vacation, so our days have started bright and early at 6:00am.


One good thing is we have it all to ourselves; pool, hot tub, and even the beach.....for the first 3 hours at least!

I guess it's a good thing not to sleep the morning away, but to get an early start on new experiences, making memories, and being on the look out for evil jellyfish!

Yes, Colby was attacked by a jellyfish....bless his little heart.

It was our first day on the beach without daddy (he was in class) and I was thinking..... I GOT THIS!! I started unloading the goods when the boys noticed a group of kiddos surrounding a jellyfish washed up on the shore, but they weren't crazy daring enough to touch it. Colby waltzes right up, squeezed through the crowd and thought it would be a great idea to pick it up and throw it back into the sea to be reunited with his family. Mr. Jelly was not a fan of the idea so he retaliated and wrapped his long tentacle around Colby's torso and executed his revenge!

Colby felt the pulsating pain throughout his body and went ballistic.....beach goers probably thought he had been bitten by a shark. One lady yelled, "pour vinegar on it or pee on him quickly!"

Great advice.....let me just drop this one piece bathing suit and reveal my entire naked, pregnant body and urinate on my son, which by the way is running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

No thanks!

Option number 2, here we come!

I didn't have vinegar in my beach bag, but you can bet your bottom I will next time!

Picture this will you?

My pregnant tail grabbed the enormous beach bag, slung Colby on one hip, slung Chase onto the other hip, and ran as fast as humanly possible in sand to the hotel restaurant shouting for a cup of vinegar.

The staff was so helpful! One took Chase and the other two soaked Colby's body in vinegar until he quit hollering in pain. I am forever grateful!

When the traumatic episode was over, Colby only wanted to lay in the bed and talk about Mr. Jelly!




Mommy, you are never suppose to touch a jellyfish, they are so bad!

I know baby....never touch a jellyfish.

No, they hurt so bad! I need to just lay here all day so it won't hurt.

Okay, I'm so sorry that jellyfish stung you! Chase is trying to make you feel better!


No, Chase! I'm hurt really bad, your kisses won't help!

Chase never touch a jellyfish, okay.



I think we have established that already sweet boy, and always put vinegar in our beach bag, right?

Right!


Until Next Time..........

5 comments:

Anna said...

Bless his heart! That poor, sweet boy. I know it hurt. I hope he starts feeling better very, very soon!

Erin Jenkins said...

Bless his sweet little heart! So sweet to want to send it back to it's family! Those pics looks like it a huge jelly fish! Poor Colby, and I hope he never touches a jellyfish again!

Britanny said...

Bless his pea pickin' heart. The pictures make me want to soak in a tub of vinegar for him! Thanks for the information! Vinegar in beach bag...check! Sorry you guys had to learn the hard way though! Hope little guy feels better soon! Also, love how Chase is checking on him! Brotherly love!

Kosek Landing said...

Oh my goodness! He really did get attacked...I've never seen a jellyfish wrap around a person. Only Colby...poor little guy.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Monday!

Ashley said...

That's a horrible sting!! Moot point now, but NEVER forget the vinegar!!!! Last summer I got stung in the face and literally cried. Like a baby. It was so embarrassing, but I couldnt help it! And I loved your imagery of the scenario of you urinating on your son! Hilarious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...