Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jenn Tied The Knot

My best friend, Jennifer, tied the knot this past weekend. We have been through so much together.......good times, hard times, hilarious times, and just plain crazy, out of our mind times!!! We were always an ear for one another and a shoulder to cry on and we always understood each other!

We partied it up in Panama Beach for Spring Break, chased down Tim McGraw, sang like rock stars on the 100 road trips to Delta State to visit Chris, drove to Louisiana on our way to Destin FL before we realized we were going the wrong way, flew to Texas for Chris's boot camp graduation.......our flight was delayed so Jenn had a few drinks (Jenn never drank so a few was too many) and she started singing "everybody on the plane gettin tipsy!" Needless to say the guy sitting with us was pretty entertained. She also dated my brother-n-law for years and I assumed would be my sister-n-law one day so I was pretty bummed when that didn't work out as I planned. Everything happens for a reason and she is with the one that is PERFECT for her!

I'm so excited she found happiness!!
Congrats Jenn & Chris, I love you both!


I tried to give Chase a bottle for the first time so he could stay home with Chris but he wasn't having it. He had to stay with me all day during pictures. Right before this picture I was nursing him in the car and I had to jump out, get someone to come zip me up, pass Chase off, smile for the pic, grab Chase back, return to the car, undress, and finish feeding him.....whew, it made for a long day. I kept having to interrupt his feedings so he was all off schedule and kept wanting to eat every 1.5-2 hrs. The wedding was at 6:00 and my family got there at 5:30 and relieved me, but what do you know, he wanted to eat 5 mins before the wedding was to start. I quickly started nursing him in the brides room and was hoping he could get a quick snack to hold him over until after the wedding. So, my dress is down to my waist and Chase is going to town when Jenn throws open the door (that leads to the packed out foyer) and gives several guest an eye full! I screamed, she screamed, and slammed the door shut and I found myself squatting down in the corner like I was in time-out or something. Oh my.....whatcha gonna do?









Thank goodness for my wonderful friend Crystal who helped me with Chase all day!



Jennifer and Chris live in California but they are here until Sunday so I made dinner for the newlyweds last night and it was a blast....literally. I cooked a pasta bake and when it was done I placed it on top of the stove. I didn't realize the eye was on which was burning the bottom of the casserole. I kept tasting it and wondering why it was getting dry. I added some milk and cheese and announced that it was ready. At the exact moment that Jenn scooped up a spoonful, there was an explosion! The heat from the eye was to blame...well really I was to blame but you know what I mean. We all screamed like little girls and stood there in shock as we looked at the shattered glass that covered every inch of my kitchen....
only me
and just when I thought I was getting better at this cooking thing.....
it could happen to anyone, right?
It was definitely a blond moment that I'm sure Chris won't let me live down for a very long time!














1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

You look beautiful in the pics!

Hahaha...too funny about the pasta bake. It happens to the best of us as we learn the ropes of being domestic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...