Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Time We Have Together

I'm so thankful to be a stay-home-mommy, and I enjoy every second of it! I've heard comments such as

You are so lucky

I wish I could stay home

I don't know how y'all make it on one salary


I really sympathize with mothers who desire to stay home with their children and can't due to financial reasons. I don't consider me staying home to be lucky because luck has nothing to do with trusting in God to provide and it's a tremendous sacrifice, for us at least.

I haven't bought a pair of shoes or an article of clothing in two years (thank goodness I indulged in shopping too much before Colby was born or I would be up a creek without a paddle)

we eat out maybe once or twice a month, unless our parents are treating (and I'm not talking about Outback....it's more like Mexican)

We don't have date nights unless it's a special occasion

I've replaced my salon products with $2 Suave and Oil Olay

I don't buy purses, jewelry, or expensive makeup (since Colby has broken all my jewelry, I'm down to ummmmm.......2 necklaces, 1 bracelet, and a few pair of earrings)

All our extra money goes to savings, college fund, and activities for Colby


but............

my alarm clock is "mommy mommy up" a sound that never gets old

I eat a peaceful breakfast with my son every morning.....well as peaceful as breakfast with a 2 year old can be!

We relax and cuddle while we watch his favorite cartoons

we play together all day and I teach him the things he needs to know in life

We have picnics together for lunch

I'm the face he sees before he closes his eyes for nap and I'm the face he sees when he wakes from nap

I'm the one that kisses his bobo when he needs a magical healing

I've never missed a milestone of his life

and I have to admit being a stay-home-mom is a demanding job, but I know it's God's purpose for me.


Nothing matters more than knowing God's purposes for your life, and nothing can compensate for not knowing them. Rick warren


Through this journey God has really shown me what are real NEEDS and what are things I can live without.


There will always be time for shopping, dining, and pampering but my babies are only babies for a blink of an eye.......and I'm not going to miss it!


Your value is not determined by your valuables, and God says the most valuable things in life are not THINGS! Rick Warren

Colby wants to be just like his daddy! He studied the position of Chris's body and had to place his arm exactly the same....it was sooo cute.

What a big responsibility we have as parents because there are always little eyes watching and we are shaping their character in every aspect!

I pray that Chris and I always make the most of our time together with our boys!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

so true!

Anna said...

You are so right. Eric and I feel the same way. We haven't bought ourselves anything in so long. Any "extra" money always goes towards our girls. We are so thankful for what we have. I love my family. :)

Candise said...

Well said!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...