Friday, October 15, 2010

Du It For Heather

It's true.....I have completely lost my mind!!

I really don't know what I was thinking when I signed up to run in my very first 5K tomorrow morning. Well, I did it for a good cause......



but that's the only thing that makes sense. I ran track in high school which doesn't count because I ran the 100 meter.....no distance in that event for sure! I haven't ran in like 10 years...literally! I haven't even gotten back in the gym since I was pregnant with Colby, which makes almost 3 years now. The worst part....I haven't trained one day for this race! My endurance or lack thereof will probably be quite embarrassing. If you're at the race tomorrow just look for the elderly women speed walking in the back.....you will find me probably behind them! Chris will finish the race in like 16 minutes, so he made the joke that he would come back and finish it with  me.....I would like to think he was being chivalrous and not cynical, hehe!

I've had intentions to get involved in running for good causes for some time now, so I'm finally taking the plunge. I want to be a good example to my boys and show them that a healthy lifestyle is important, but most of all I want them to know life is about reaching out to others even if it's difficult sometimes!

Chris is a running machine, and I'm sure my boys will run right in his footsteps....Colby already outruns me! I love seeing children run in races with their parents, I think it's a great way to spend quality family time together and teach our boys that life is about serving Christ and others.....it's a win win situation!!

I don't won't to be the lone ranger in the family that sits on the sideline......although I could be the cheerleader!! No, focus.......you can do this Amanda!! Yes, I'm talking to myself......someone has to cheer for me. Chris has made jokes all week and my dad actually gave me my grandmother's oxygen tank tonight.......he's got jokes!!

I know I can do this!! I'm not saying it will be pretty and I'm not saying it won't take me all day, but my goal is to see my sweet boys at the finish line, hear Colby say, "Yay, mommy you did it", and know that I  did it for Heather Spencer and everything that Heather's Tree stands for!!





Until Next Time...........

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...