Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Fair is in Town!!




The Fair is in town and for the first time Colby experienced what all the Mississippi State Fair has to offer!! We arrived at 11:00am to get our ride on, but it rained on our parade when we were informed that rides would not open until 2:00! Say what....does the fair not know that 2:00 is nap time, jeez!!  We stayed and befriended Mr. Huge, Slimy, Scary snake....which by the way is the same snake that this very man wrapped around my neck for all the first graders at Steens Creek and all the terror rushed back and gave me chills.....I stood from afar! Colby absolutely loved the petting zoo and what's more fun than feeding carrots to sweet animals.....nothing if you ask him!




 There was no way my boys could make it all day without catching some zzzzzzs, so we went home for a nap and a wardrobe change (we were dressed for fall...what were we thinking actually dressing for fall in October?) and then returned for our initial mission.....to get our ride on!!  I have to say I'm a little disappointed in Chris passing on the gene......you know the I'm a scardy cat of rides gene!

Right off the bat the roller coaster terrified him and they stopped the ride....wow, what a great start!
 He said the swinging boat made his tummy hurt and tared him weally bad.....0 for 2!

 And the super fun slide appeared to be his fall to death as he squeezed the life right out of my legs and squealed like a little girl....0 for 3!
 I felt pretty bad for him after that one, but kisses quickly made all the fear disappear!!
Our day started looking up when we ran into his buddy, Tanner!
 Woohoo.......we finally hit the jackpot!! I always seek the thrill of a ride that goes upside down, spins all around, and blows my cheeks off, but Colby doesn't share my enthusiasm! He was content as a bug in a rug to ride a motorcycle around and around at a very slow pace.....
 and the cars that did the exact same thing!
 I  pitched a tent and he rode his favorite ride over and over again until all his tickets were gone, at least he got a little risky changing from the blue jeep to the black car!!
After he got risky with the car switch, he decided to live on the edge and take dumbo for a spin.....it was a hit!!
Maybe his thrill seeking days will emerge in the future but for now my little man plays it SAFE!!

Chase was a fan of feeding the animals too....

 stuffing his mouth with puffs......
 and soaking up some vitamin D during his nap!!!

Until Next Time...................

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...