Friday, June 24, 2011

I Forgive You

I'm checking out at the store today and catch a glimpse of Colby devouring some M&Ms........stealing is one thing that I will never tolerate, and I knew at that moment he had to learn a life lesson and learn it quick!!

Colby Michael Jones, what on Earth do you think you are doing?

Mommy, M&Ms are so good (as he opens his mouth wide to show me the evidence).

You just stole those M&Ms, and you know that stealing is never okay! Do those belong to you?

No mam.

Did you ask Mommy to buy those?

No mam.

Then you stole them!

I will pay for them, Mommy!

With what, you don't have any money!

I'm so super sorry, I won't ever do that again.

You go tell the cashier what you did right now and apologize.

Okay, (teary eyed and voice shaking) I'm so sorry, that was not a good idea.

Now, Daddy has to pay for those.

Can I have them now?

You absolutely may not and you will work to pay Daddy back....We didn't steal, you did.

I said I was so sorry.

I know, you don't have to say sorry anymore. Once you ask forgiveness, I forgive.....just like God forgives me the first time I ask.

Okay, I'm so sorry mom and I forgive you too!

Forgive me?? I didn't steal...you did!


We got home (we are staying in an upstairs apartment) and his job was to unload the groceries to pay for his M&Ms that he stole. He literally unloaded 2 bags and it took him the same amount of time that it took Chris to unload the other twenty.

I almost felt sorry for the little guy.....not really! This was one life lesson I was determined to teach him the first go round!

He was holding onto the rail and after one leg conquered a step, he would pull with all his strength to drag the two bags up to the next step. It took him a good 15 minutes to reach the top and he released the bags right at the front door as he let out a sigh of exhaustion!

Son, Daddy works to buy things....he doesn't steal. You just had to work for those M&Ms, stealing is never okay!

I'm tired Mommy! Can I have those M&Ms now?

You will NEVER get those M&Ms baby! You were working to pay Daddy back, not to eat the M&Ms you stole!

I'm so sorry! I will never never ever ever steal again!

Good! God says Thou Shall Not Steal!


I know! I'm Sorry! I love you and forgive you, Mommy!

Colby, I think you are confused, my dear. You forgive someone when they ask for forgiveness after doing something wrong. I didn't steal anything.....you did! 

He hugged my neck...... It's okay Mommy, you only have to ask one time, I FORGIVE YOU!

Lord help me.....COLBY, JUST DON'T EVER STEAL AGAIN!

I pinky promise!


What am I going to do with this little squirt????


 Until Next Time..............

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Amanda, too funny! I'll be asking you for advice for dealing with smart boys when Simeon really starts talking. What a character Colby is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...