Saturday, June 18, 2011

VBS = Separation Anxiety

Colby man is Mr. Independent!

I can do this all by myself!

I don't need help, I'm super strong!

I can do this.....see how big my muscles are, Mommy!


That is until, he has to separate from his mommy!

I'm a SAHM so I'm all he knows! I also have never forced separation, I want it to be on his time.....not when I desperately want him to be ready! Which means he has never gone in the church nursery (I could never leave him while he was  having a panic attack...tried on many occasions), he has never stayed with anyone but grandparents, and Mother's Morning Out lasted for a whole THREE weeks.....longer than I ever expected!

Now, that he is three and a very independent, little squirt, I thought he would be ready for Vacation Bible School....or at least I was praying he was ready!

First day, he was so enthusiastic and kept repeating, "I can't wait!"

I walked him in and he shouted, "okay, Mommy you can go, bye bye" and then sat beside a friend and said, "hey, my name is Colby, what's your name?"

I literally teared up and almost lost it, not because I'm a big ole baby, but because of preggo hormones, or at least that's the culprit I chose to target! If you know me well, then you know I'm bluffing.....I'm a big old baby when it comes to my babies!

I was extremely eager to pick him up and see how his big day went! He was thrilled to tell me about all the playing, painting, dancing, etc.!!!

I was one giddy mom...so proud of my little man!



DAY 2

He walked in with confidence ready to take on the tile painting and booty shaking!!

Pick-up time rolled around, and his face wasn't beaming like the previous day. With a fowl expression he mumbled....

You took way too long today, where have you been (I had a flashback from my teenage years)?

I went home and let Chase take a nap, you knew we were coming back at lunch!

I'm not happy with your choices (he repeats to me everything I say to him, like I'm the child...geez).

I'm sorry

I missed you too much and I love you, you not suppose to do that to me (knife in the heart).

Baby, it's a lot more fun to play with friends and do fun stuff than sit at the house while Chase is napping!

I'm very upset right now

I'm sorry, I love you!

Day 2

We gave it another go!

It was time to drop him off and he was compliant, but didn't let me leave without strict instructions.

Mommy, I'm going to go today but don't take so long and if I get sad and miss you, you need to come back!

Yes, Sir!


Pick up time:

Did you have a great day?

NOT AT ALL! I love Jesus but I'm not coming back tomorrow....you took too long again!

Baby, it's the same time everyday!

Well, I cried....I miss you!

It's okay to miss me, I missed you too, but I promise I will always come back and I love you very much!! I thought you would love to play with friends!

I do, but I want you to stay and play too! (same problem again...he wanted me to be the MMO teacher).

Reluctantly, he finished out the week with no tears. It didn't go easy breezy but it's baby steps for my little guy!

On the last day he took his teacher a cute, little happy, even though I had to convince him to hand over the reese's pieces.....soooo embarrassing!

You are O'fish' ally Awesome and I love you to pieces.....a little corny but it's the thought that counts, right?

Until Next Time..........

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...