Saturday, June 4, 2011

Just Me

We have been in Oklahoma for two weeks now and we are finally adjusting and getting a good routine established. The first week we had to live in a hotel room.....not cool, not cool at all with tots!!!
We finally got into a two bedroom apartment, and couldn't be happier!

Happy to be able to cook dinner!! We aren't big on fast food and dining out every night with a one and three year old......yea, that's not cool either!

Happy to have a bedroom so Chase can take a nap, and I don't have to be the shhhhhh Nazi Queen on Colby's head!

Happy to have space to play!

Happy to be able to have life after the boys seven o'clock bedtime. Chris and I would have to either go to bed too or stare at the ceiling......yea, not cool either!!

Needless to stay, we were excited to say bye bye to the Microtel! Colby thought the hotel was actually Oklahoma. Once we arrived to the apartment, he looked around and said, "this is way better than Oklahoma!"

I agree!!

We are staying in a SMALL town and our leisure activities are extremely limited! We partake in story time at the library.......

we play it up at the park......


get a little crazy at imagination station.....



and cool off at the pool......




There you have it.....everything this town has to offer!!



The last two weeks have been a little stressful since Chase didn't adjust too quickly. He has been clingy, whiny, and not a big fan of sleep! He is definitely coming around...just needs a little more time!

Chris had his first day off yesterday, and I jumped on it like white on rice!! I located the first salon and scheduled a hair appointment and a mother-to-be massage.....I needed relaxation in a BAD way!!!

I bolted out the door alone, and jumped in Oddy without carrying a heavy load, strapping Chase in, and repeating, "Colby I'm not pulling out until you get buckled up!"

I turned off the Wheels on the Bus and jammed out to Train with the wind blowing in my hair....even though it's so hot it felt like a hair dryer, but I didn't care!!

I was belting out the tunes and even dancing.....nobody knows me here!

Got my hair done and had an hour before my massage.....what to do, what to do?

Go back to the apartment for lunch? No way!

Go eat lunch all by myself? Yes way!

I remember when I was young and kid free, I felt sorry for people eating alone.....now I know their story! They were having a little peace of heaven and there I was feeling bad for the poor lady!

When the hostess asked how many, I replied JUST ME!!!

I went to a little Italian restaurant and savored every bite of my delicious food. I didn't have to say...

sit down please

don't eat crayons

do you have to potty,  then why are doing the potty dance

food is not for throwing

eat your food

quit playing with your food

we can't leave until everyone is done eating

STOP!


I just reveled in the quiet moment and enjoyed my entire meal while thinking about the massage I was about to indulge myself with.....it was divine!

Not something I would want frequently, but once in a blue moon is just perfect!

I love my crazy  life with my wild boys, but every mommy deserves a little....

JUST ME!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...