Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Clueless Pregnant Partner

I have to confess that my hubby is lacking in the pamper your pregnant wife department. He is a wonderful person, hubby, and dad so I guess I should keep the complaints to a minimum, but I have to get all my jumbled thoughts out because lately I've been screaming at him in my head. I know he has been overwhelmed with coaching soccer and grad school projects ALL THE TIME but his actions are driving me slightly nutty!

I hear of other pregnant women that get foot rubs, massages, late night craving runs, and pretty much anything they want to make them happy....................hmmmmm how did they pull that off?

Chris is the type that says,
"hunny, pick up that end of the couch and help me move it across the room"
"Can you go make us some hot tea"
"climb up on the ladder and decorate the tree"

Not to mention he still expects a clean house, laundry done, and a meal cooked every night, despite me being 32 weeks pregnant and chasing a very hyper 2 year old around all day.
Cooking dinner consist of 45 mins-1hr of trying to prepare a meal with Colby pulling my pants down and screaming that he wants to help and then Chris wonders why I get my feelings hurt when he forgets to say, " I enjoyed it".

He also isn't the type that thinks pregnant is beautiful so I haven't heard a compliment in a very long time. Well it gets even better...
We went to a banquet the other night and this young guy was telling Chris about a college cheerleader that he wanted to ask out and Chris's comment was, "I know it doesn't look like it but Amanda use to be a cheerleader." I didn't say anything because he really doesn't mean anything by it...he is just clueless at times.

Anyway....I could go on for hours but Colby is spitting milk on the floor, Bentley is scratching to go outside, and I have to try to go make myself look presentable for Chris's grandparents who will arrive in an hour.

I love love love my husband and I'm blessed to have him, but I'm just wondering if there are any other women who have amazing husbands but clueless pregnant partners?

Love,
Out of control hormones

4 comments:

Amy Perry Smith said...

I'm going to show my pregnant friend this. I am sure she would love to chime in and agree a little. You aren't alone Amanda..

Kosek Landing said...

When it comes to pregnancy, men don't mean to be clueless...they jut are. That cluelessness paired with our overzealous hormones makes for an emotional situation.


I have found the best remedy for a situation like this is a nice dinner out, no kids...where you can just sit relax, and have great conversation with your man.

Also before Chase arrives, make time to go get pampered...massage, fingernails, etc. The splurge will be well worth it!

Candise said...

Me Me Me!!! I can relate...except, I don't keep my mouth shut...I pipe up when I think my feelings haven't been taken seriously! You made me LOL! Jim told me the other night, when I was complaining about how bad I was feeling and how bad the boys were being...well, you don't have to start on the laundry right away, sit down for a bit first, and the house doesn't have to be 100 percent clean and well, supper, aren't you making that chicken carbonarra stuff? I hung up! Was he serious...it didn't HAVE to be 100 percent clean, and laundry didn't have to be started, right away? yah! Never had a foot rub, asked for a latte from starbucks on his way home from work....when he got home i asked where it was...Oh you were serious? uh, yah! I'm glad you shared this...i will have to let jim read it tomorrow! Thanks amanda! oh and i'm still waiting on that push present from the first delivery...

Amanda Jones said...

Kim, good idea...be sure to suggest that to Chris for a Christmas gift! Candise, you continue to crack me up. It's nice to know that other husbands are clueless too. Chris read it last night and he said, "I don't expect a big meal every night" and he still didn't offer a foot rub....ughhhh I was screaming in my head again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...