Saturday, January 16, 2010

Nursery On a Budget

Decorating Colby's nursery was definitely a different experience to say the least. Money really wasn't an object because we had two incomes, no children, and no mortgage (we were living with my parents about to start building our house).
I bought overpriced furniture that is now covered in bite marks, dents, and scratches. I guess even expensive furniture can't withstand the destruction of Colby! I also purchased bedding that cost more than mine, accessories that weren't necessary, and curtains that must have been made of gold.....I can't believe I wasted so much money! It was really easy to get carried away with all the excitement of having our first baby.

I knew I had to do Chase's nursery on a budget, and I'm pretty proud of the end result!

Adorable painting: Gift $0


Dresser: $70 / flea market

Chocolate Walls: Paint $20
Tree: Paint $12
Crib: Free
Rocking Chair & Bedding: Reused from Colby
Cornice Board: Free (my wonderful hubby & friend made it)
Cornice Board Material: $14 Monogram $6
Bird Decals/ Branch: $25












Shelf: Free (found it in my mom-n-laws garage......one man's trash is another man's treasure!)



Total: $147 Woohoo....I feel like patting my own back every time I think about it!





The nursery is done and the bags are packed which means I'm ready to go! Wait, not so fast.....my hospital doesn't have running water right now, and I would be unable to labor in the tub or take a bath after delivery. So, Chase needs to bake a little longer until the water situation is corrected! I'm 38 weeks & 3 days, and I go Monday morning at 8:00 to get checked.....so we'll see!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

hope you haven't progressed TOO much...just enough to feel encouraged! will be back soon! keep your LEGS crossed!!

being on a tight budget, more times than not, turns out to be a bigger blessing than having no budget worries! am i right or am i right?

Anna said...

TOO cute! We did the same thing with Audrey. And I spent TONS of money on clothes. I swear, she had more clothes each season than I had in my entire wardrobe! Big difference with the 2nd baby!

Candise said...

Love it....love all the blue, green and yellow cloth diapers stacked up!!! thats how mine look....Carrie Ann is just going to have to suffer and wear blue cloth diapers! I am not buying anymore!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...