Friday, January 1, 2010

Parenthood Changes Everything!

It's funny how parenthood changes your perception of a good time! We have spent previous New Years in New Orleans, Beale Street, or a crazy shindig (Kim, that's a country word for you) that lasted until the early morning hours. It wasn't even a thought in our minds this year of how we wanted to spend our night. We preferred a low key night and most of all we wanted to see Colby enjoy some fireworks (we discovered on Christmas eve that he is a bit of a firework fanatic). I invited my best friend's family over for dinner. Angie and I have been best friends since 3rd grade and our mothers have been best friends for just as long. Her son, Conner is 6 months older than Colby and her youngest son will be 9 months older than Chase. So, we will make our sons be best friends, LOL! We enjoyed chili and cornbread while the boys played (they were just too excited to eat) and enjoyed each others company. Once we were done with dinner, we called our parents to come over and enjoy the fireworks. The boys started getting tired around 8:30 so we called it a night and got them off to bed. Chris and I cuddled on the couch for awhile and found ourselves in the bed by 10:00. I was startled at midnight when it sounded like war bombs going off all around our house. I was scared to death that Colby was about to wake up, but he kept snoozing. I guess some people don't even consider that others could possibly be sleeping at midnight on New Years Eve......but we were!

I would have to say this was the best New Years, and I think 2010 is going to ROCK!!

Colby & Conner
I took a picture of Conner and Colby ran up to the camera and said, "no mommy, me." I guess he got jealous...what a nice face, huh?






Conner giving Colby some love

Watching Daddy shoot fireworks







Colby's favorite....stomping on poppers!



Pawpaw George & Pawpaw Mike came to enjoy the fireworks with the kiddos!






A blast from the past!
Conner -9 months
Colby 3 months








1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

Loving Colby's chainsaw! We managed to make it until New Years, with the help of a Peppermint Mocha and a Lemondrop...that was just mean of me to mention those two drinks to a pregnant woman...very sorry, it won't happen again!

Back to school and soccer tomorrow...it won't be easy when that alarm clock goes off!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...