Monday, January 4, 2010

Terrific Twos

Since Colby turned 2 years old in December I wanted to document certain milestones and favorite memories. There are some things he does that I can't ever imagine forgetting, but I've been advised to write everything down before it escapes my mind

Before nap time we read a book and then we sing You Are My Sunshine. Colby likes to fill in the words...happy, gray, I love you, & away. It's the sweetest thing ever!


Colby is very compassionate and affectionate towards me and I just eat it up!! If I get hurt or even sneeze, he rushes to my aide with a kiss and an "are you otay mommy?"


I absolutely adore his old man chuckle, especially when he is playing with daddy!






Every time he poops in the potty he has to check and see if it's big. If it meets his standards he screams, "wow, BIG poopoo!" Geez...what a male!

BTW, if you want your child completely potty trained by two...it is so possible. I'm astonished that some children aren't even introduced to the potty until 3 years old.....that's just yucky, Colby has grown man poop! Anyway just read the book

and you will thank me for saving you an extra year or more of cleaning up grown man poop LOL!



He loves to read all the time and his favorite books right now are

Tickle Monster...... you have to get this book! It comes with monster tickle gloves and it's interactive while your reading. You tickle their tum tum, underarm pitties, etc. from the monster's intructions. It's so much fun and Colby gets sooooo excited!

Grandfather Twilight

Thomas the Train

Chuck the Dump Truck

Fluffy & Barron

The Very Busy Spider

Reading together is a huge highlight each day. I plan on reading to Colby for as long as he will let me. Colby's godparents still read with their 9 year old every night before bed, and I think that's so amazing. At the present time they are reading biographies of presidents. He is the highest reader in his class and reads way above his grade level. I think when parents read with their children it makes the biggest impact!!!! Expressing enthusiasm while reading together not only teaches them to read for pleasure but they will posses special emotions towards reading because they will remember the feelings they experienced while reading with a loved one! It only takes a few minutes and makes a big difference!!

Okay off my soap box about reading with your children and back on track


Colby is very OCD about rituals:

We have to pray the same way every night

after we read a book he has to look at it by himself and then put it back on the shelf

turn the light on and off several times

close the blinds then touch them with his foot (don't ask)

In the morning he has to:

Drink milk and eat a fruit bar on the couch and then come to the table for breakfast

curl up on the couch with me and watch Read Between The Lions & Curious George

Then he's off to play!!


He naps from 12:00-3:00 and sleeps from 7:00-7:00........pretty much like clock work.


His favorite things to do:


Ride his four wheeler
Wear his helmet.........he has been wearing it in the car and didn't won't to take it off when we went in Walmart
Coloring, drawing, & writing with chalk

Being a nudist


Playing Playing Playing................as you can see our dining room was converted into a playroom


looooooves his tent

Colby's all time favorite activity is fireworks, especially poppers!



It's not the terrible twos, it's the terrific twos!

1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

I guess I better start reading blogs at home instead of at work...oops!

Is Chris wearing an Alabama shirt? Roll Tide!

Colby is just precious. Excited to see you guys on Saturday. Maybe we can all go to breakfast after the race?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...