Friday, March 27, 2009

Bye Bye to Passy

When Colby woke up this morning I put his passy up along with the other 20. He kept signing passy and crying so I kept saying "all gone". Once he got distracted he was fine. I figured since I told him "all gone" then it wouldn't make sense to give it back at nap time. I had knots in my stomach while we were reading the book and singing our nap time song because I assumed he would start screaming. I gave him Binky (lovey) and put him in the bed. He looked up at me and signed "passy" and gave me an expression that conveyed, "mommy you forgot my passy". He cried for about 30 seconds and went to sleep. I thought to myself thank goodness and holy crap I'm so surprised! Second nap went the same way, but he woke up after 30 minutes and was searching for it. He got himself really worked up, so I went to comfort him. Colby will only sleep in his bed so I had to crawl into the bed with him and he curled beside me and went back to sleep. I felt like there was no turning back and it was all or nothing so tonight we put him to bed without passy and he didn't make a sound. He went straight to sleep without crying for the passy. I'm not sure how tonight will go, but I know that I'm pushing forward and I'm not caving in. It might be rough and I might have to sleep in a baby bed all weekend but we will be passy free by Monday, YAY!!!



Colby loves to play in the dirt, mud, and water. He is all boy and I love it! I think it's great for boys to get dirty and explore, and it's nothing a bath can't get rid of.












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...