Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love is Everywhere

Yesterday, my thoughts were slightly on the negative side, but I was just expressing what was on my heart. I know that when I see such harsh behavior, I should just stop and pray for God to intervene. It's just so difficult for me to comprehend how people mistreat their children. When I think about the love I have for Colby it's pretty overwhelming, and I just can't understand why that's not enough for some people. Not enough to make them treat their child with love, grace, understanding, and compassion. When I start really thinking about all God's children that are abused in one way or the other, it really weighs heavy on my heart.

When I became a parent I realized that Chris and I are all Colby's got. It is completely up to us to make this helpless child grow into a successful man that follows Christ, and becomes responsible, humble, genuine, giving, confident, hard working, and ambitious. Everything I do in life and every decision I make concerning Colby will be a result of me asking myself, "will this help Colby become that person?" Of course, Colby has God to lead him also but God gave us the responsibility to guide our children. I think that's why love is the greatest commandment because without love and Christ then this goal would be unattainable!


I constantly think of the children that don't have that chance, and I pray that God leads them through it.


Today was my first day to attend a Mom's bible study at Pinelake, and I really enjoyed it. It was exactly what I needed and God was telling me, there is love everywhere. It can be easy to focus on the bad things in this world but when you look around and see God at work, it lifts you right back up! It is a group of moms that want to do everything possible to raise their children in the image of God.



The mom and dad that kneels with their two-year old every night to pray

The mom and dad that backs each other no matter what because it gives the child stability

The mom that tells her son a bible story everyday

The mom that disciplines by grace and consistency even if it's harder and not the lazy way

The mom that always takes the time to explain why something is wrong or right

The mom that wants to be the Godly influence on her child before someone else has the bad influence


These were the moms that I met today and just a few things that I learned about them, it made me think, "okay, love is everywhere!"


I was worried about Colby going to the nursery for two hours but he did great! She said he cried for just a second when he realized I was gone but it was only a millimeter of a second. At least I got a second (J/K I'm so glad he didn't cry for me)! I was concerned about his cloth diapers but they were really cool about it and there is another little girl in his room that also wears cloth diapers. I was also concerned about him trying to sign and them not understanding him but his teacher signed, yep pretty perfect uh? Both ladies made Colby and I feel comfortable so it was easy to enjoy my bible study. We aren't meeting next week because of Spring Break but we are meeting up for a play date at Winners Circle Park and having lunch. If you would like to join the bible study just let me know!



Colby has played on his kangaroo climber probably 10 times but the box it came in has been a BIG HIT! I love warm days with no diapers, makes potty time that much easier, hehe!

















2 comments:

Ashley said...

by the way, did you send me a text about the Bible study? after i put your number in my phone last month, i dropped my phone in a glass of tea and lost some of my numbers--yours was one of them! so i got a text from a number i didn't recognize and am now thinking that it was you? let me know tomorrow. i haven't tried a Bible study for a long time due to nursery worries. i don't have a good time if i know my babies are crying (and in the past they don't cry for 1/2 second...it's non-stop!). it's good to know that they have a good nursery there. maybe i will try it. the worst that can happen is that it doesn't go well and i don't do it, right?! *stomach churning at the thought of it!* since we have been going to pinelake, we have been super happy with the nursery there.

Ashley said...

oh my goodness, amanda, that epidural story is horrible!! back labor + pitocin = excruciating pain! if you go natural (on purpose) next time, you may find that labor is not as hard as it was with all that pitocin and the baby not being quite ready to come out. i think induction is such a bad idea. i don't know why these doctors do it so often (for reasons like you mentioned). i came to the conclusion, since mikey was due december 25, that if my doctor said she would be out of town for christmas and that we should induce early, then i would just say "i'll take my chances with another doctor." really, the chances of having an emergency c-section are pretty low. and whatever doctor is on-call is probably just as qualified as the one you know and trust... in the long run, it's probably safer to just wait for the baby to come on its own. i was lucky--mikey came early! i was getting a massage at the spa and my water broke right there on the table!!! (talk about "natural induction"! you might want to try that route next time!!) if you go natural again, i will be your doula! i am completely trained but have never attended a birth! you have to attend at least 3 births to get DONA (doulas of north america) certified! since you are a bad candidate for an epidural, you might actually embrace and enjoy the natural route next time, knowing that you basically have no choice. it is an exhilirating experience. just so you know, they put me on pitocin after mikey was born (for the placenta), and those contractions were as bad as the worst ones of the whole labor!! and i didn't even have a baby bearing down anymore! it was horrible! 4 cm w/o pitocin is much more managable, i'm sure; i know you can do it!! if i can do it, anybody can. i am a big weenie. i am sure you are traumatized by your first birth experience if you reached your threshold at 4 and then had 6 to go plus pushing!! you poor thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...