Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sick & Still Passy Free

Okay, I have to back track a few days. When we took Colby for his checkup on Thursday the doctor came in and said, "I'm impressed he didn't get sick all winter." I started to laugh and said well..... he has a fever right now. She couldn't find anything wrong so she said what they always say when they don't know, Fever Virus. Remember, we took away passy Friday morning and even made it through the night without it. What do you know, he wakes up Saturday morning sick as a dog and I can't even give him his passy to soothe him. I know it's awful to take it away when their sick but he had already gone 24 hours so we couldn't turn back! Saturday his fever got up to 103 so Chris and I took him back to the doctor and they tested for the flu, strep. ear infections and nothing was wrong. They finally did some blood work and said it was a viral infection. Taking away the passy while he was sick ended up being a good thing because he was so congested that he wouldn't have been able to breath with his passy. He has been so cranky and cries about every little thing, I mean everrrrrrry little thing! and I'm hoping it's from being sick and not passy withdrawals, hehe! It's times like this when I miss nursing because it always fixed crying and crankiness.

On a happy note, it's been 4 days so I guess it's safe to say, we are passy free YAY!!!


As you know I have been trying to find a location to teach my sign classes. Baptist Hospital called today and said they would like for me to bring my classes to their facility, so I'm super excited! The days and times are to be confirmed this week and hopefully I can start in about 2 weeks. On top of that excellent news I got another call this morning from Beyond Therapy Pediatric Group (http://www.bptherapygroup.com/) and the owner wants me to come meet with her Friday morning and discuss teaching classes there also. I fill so blessed and thankful for this opportunity to start my own business. I will be doing something I absolutely love that will provide for my family and still allow me to stay home with Colby, which is sooooo important to me!



Colby kept trying to climb in the shower with me and I finally said, "OKAY, just get in." I figured he would hate it but he loves it and thinks it's so funny for some reason. I have to admit it's much easier for me because he does things he knows he isn't suppose to while I'm in the shower because he knows I can't get to him at the moment. When he got out of the shower I put on his robe. It's too small but that's what makes it hilarious!


I said say cheese and he signed it instead.



Things Colby is learning at 15 months
His verbal vocabulary is really growing and it's so exciting to see what new words he will say each day. He is trying to put words together like duck quack quack and bye bye mama. He is also putting words together when he signs like MORE MILK PLEASE.
He is learning his colors through signing. He also loves the song "colors of the rainbow" which we learned in sign class.
he likes to watch this video on the computer so I let him every once in awhile (especially while he has been sick & cranky).
He is really learning about consequences. Time Out works for Colby and I'm so glad I started it when I did. People that say children don't understand time out until 2 is full of baloney. He doesn't like time out so he learns his lesson real quick. Today, he went to grab something he wasn't suppose to and I said, "touch it and you go to time out." He quickly backed away from it and then came and gave me a hug, he could tell I was so proud!! It felt good to see him react that way because it meant that he behaved and he was proud, and it wasn't out of fear that I might hurt him.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...