Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break

A couple that we are good friends with called us and said, "we decided to head down to Florida today, why don't y'all come with us?"
This couple does not yet have children in case you didn't figure that out when I said they decided that day to go to Florida.
The remainder of the conversation;
Chris: dude, we can't go to Florida on a days notice.
Friend: Why, whats the big deal?
C: What about Colby?
F: Bring him.
C: Where will he sleep? (remember Colby only likes to sleep in his bed in his own room)
F: We can make him a pallet on the floor (hilarious, he would be playing in the potty or climbing over the balcony in the middle of the night)
C: It's not really in our budget at the time.
F: Whatever, I will pay for everything. (definitely no kids, right?)
C: Sorry man, maybe next time.

Chris and I cracked up about how much changes after having a child. We thought about how Colby hates to ride so he would be yelling up up up the entire time. He would be off routine so his naps would be altered and he would be tired and cranky. We would have to be back at the hotel by 7:00 so he could at least be in the bed by 8:00. Then, we would all have to be really quiet because he would be sleeping in the same room. We would have to come back from the beach twice a day so he could nap, which he probably wouldn't do because he doesn't nap well away from home. Probably not what our friends had in mind for there spring break trip to the beach!

Flashback of Spring Break in Panama City.
I laughed even harder when I compared it to spring break in my young days. A group of friends decide to go at the last minute. We all piled in the SUV that we borrowed from someones mom. 10 people sleeping in a two-bed condo. Ride the panama strip and go to clubs until about 5:oo am and then sleep on the beach all day. The budget didn't matter because it was on mom and dad and we literally had no responsibility. Yea, pretty crazy, and I still wonder what my parents were thinking and how mad Colby will be when I say NOOOOO to unsupervised spring break trips!!

I think this spring break was perfect, and I wouldn't want it any other way!!
Chris, Colby, and I spent everyday playing outside. We seriously only go inside to nap and then we are right back outside. Chris and I are both outdoor lovers and Colby definitely takes after us in that aspect! Colby helped daddy cut the grass and do some work around the house.







Thursday we kept Sarah Spencer Wiggly and Colby adored her! He kept trying to give her kisses and he continued to sign "socks" because he loved her polka dot socks! I hope this a good sign that he will be a great big brother one day.





Sweet Kisses



Signing "socks"


Sarah Spencer is such an angel and we enjoyed her company tremendously! Morgan does the baby whisperer routine so Sarah Spencer was a piece of cake. She told me her nap time was at 9:00 so I put her in Colby's bed at 9:00 and she went right to sleep without a peep! She did the same thing for her second nap. She watched Colby play outside and she was so content the entire time. She never made one little cry, only happy smiles for Sarah Spencer. We loved keeping her ( I think Chris might have even gotten a little girl fever ) and we were never expecting anything in return but Morgan (being her overly generous self) gave us a gift card to Biaggis. So, basically we got paid to play and have fun for a few hours.
Since we are living on one income we don't waste money on going out to eat so we very seldom eat out so I have to admit that I was pretty excited! We got dressed, called my mom to babysit, and headed out for a dinner date. It is one of the best restaurants I have been to, soooo delicious. Every time we go to the area, I ask Chris if we can move to Madison. There is a brand new Catholic Elementary school in Madison so now he is actually considering it, Yay!! Even though we didn't deserve it, thanks so much Morgan! We had a delightful time and I didn't have to pick up a sippy cup one time during dinner!




We went down to the coast and visited JoJo, Coach, Maw maw, & Paw paw. On the way down we stopped at the Hattisburg Zoo. It helped to break up the drive since Colby doesn't like to ride for long periods of time. It was a small zoo but nice. We took Colby to the Jackson Zoo when he was 12 months ( he was more interested in the sticks on the ground than the animals) and now that he just turned 15 months he was much more intrigued. He was very inquisitive about all the animals and was signing them all. He was thrilled about the train ride and kept signing "Again" and screamed as we got off. He was so tired from the zoo that he slept the rest of the way, just what we planned!


Our little Cousin sent us Flat Stanley so he went to the zoo with us.






Signing "train"


He was intrigued by the jaguar




I was really concerned about him sleeping because he is such a creature of habit and insist on sleeping in his own bed. We did the same ritual we do at home, had the same CD playing, turned on twilight turtle, and I gently put him in the bed (he has a crib at JoJo's house). But, he jumped up like lightening and proceeded to scream as if I were never ever coming back. I put a cushion on the floor and stuck my hand through the rails of the bed and held his hand. He immediately laid down but it took him an hour to fall asleep. The next night he didn't make a sound and went right to sleep without me. I guess he just needed to know that it was okay, and I would be there in the morning.

We took Colby to the beach to see the ocean (the coast isn't Florida but Colby didn't care), play in the sand, look at the boats, and enjoy the beautiful weather!! He absolutely loved it! Then we did some shopping at the outlet, went to Saturday night mass, and then ate dinner at the famous "Shed".



























4 generations of Jones Men











Colby enjoying the band at the Shed and doing a little dancing!


2 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

what an awesome week and great pictures to remember it by!

Amy Perry Smith said...

I love reading your blogs! I know they will be helpful one day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...